• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RWS 34 better front sight

I am a lifelong firearms enthusiast and recently purchased an RWS 34 T06 .22 cal to replace and identical air rifle I shot back in the 80's. I put a William's Target Foolproof with a .050 1/2 aperture on the rifle and, I do not like the plastic front sight.

I've been out of the loop for a while so go easy!

If I remove the plastic sight/ramp -- what metal replacement front sight/base can I install on that barrel? .622" 15.81mm diameter just behind the existing plastic.

I should also mention that any day now, a Gehmann 510 adjustable iris will be showing up for this rifle, but I have no clue what front sight base I can install. If anyone has any advice I would be grateful.

+1 on the Vortek PG2. Even if you don't, I would recommend taking the gun apart and checking the lube as these guns are known for being shipped with little or no lube. Mine was that way and it caused significant galling in the upper back portion of the compression tube. Took a lot of sanding and polishing of the tube and piston to fix that problem. Been performing like a champ for a year and a half since. I also went with Krytox GPL-205 grease to eliminate any dieseling.