• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Ruger mk4

LOL, I just learned that pellets do matter. I started shooting my MK4 last night using Crossman Premire 10.5 because I have a full tin of them I bought on sale. I had to raise the rear sight to max to hit where I was aiming. Tonight the gun wouldn't even spit them out. They do need a extra push to even chamber so between the too tight of fit and too heavy they are just the wrong pellet for this gun. I dug out a tin of HN Field Target Trophy Green at half the weight and wow, the gun is a mouse killer now and I lowed the rear sight down to the frame. I just wonder how many guns have been returned because the wrong pellet made it shoot like crap.

Air pistols, springer types at any rate, work in the pop gun phase and need fast start pellets.
JSB Express, H&N finale, and Hobby if a bigger bore..
Having said that the Ruger is only ever going to be a 2ftlb gun and i am real sus of that tiny cocking arm (mechanically speaking)

I have always maintained that Umarex should have developed a Ruger Co2 but different from the endless bunch of same pistols with auto mags.
How about a bulb in the grip but a single shot break open barrel like this Ruger Mk4 layout.
In this way we could have perfect breech sealing and pellet placed direct into bore with the thumb for outstanding accuracy….probably power too with the perfect sealing and relatively long barrel.