• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RTI Prophet V1 vs V2

I’m curious as well. I have the v1 and it has the pellet side of the equation down to perfection, imo.

I’m thinking the v2 is obviously a change to the slug side of the equation with a valve/barrel suited for slugs.

I have dedicated sluggers but my love of the v1 makes me want a conversion kit just to see for myself. Still up in the air, maybe this thread will help me decide.

Dave

Reactions: Jasonmc
Pros and Cons hard to say at this point. The change to the cocking lever was 👍

The changes to the P2 over the P1:

- New breech block
- The assisted valve
- Internal plenum
- Cocking lever has no detent ball to lock it up

I haven’t had much trigger time with mine but I can see you can run lower reg pressure than the P1 and get plenty of velocity. There’s more power available.

If your interested in a Compact with the RPB barrel the barrels are not available until next year sometime. So you will get a 20” CZ if you ordered or order anytime in the near future. Not a bad thing as these barrels are crazy accurate. Just a better pellet barrel in my experience.

So in my view unless you are a slug shooter there’s nothing earth shattering to justify the move to the P2.

Pros and Cons hard to say at this point. The change to the cocking lever was 👍

The changes to the P2 over the P1:

- New breech block
- The assisted valve
- Internal plenum
- Cocking lever has no detent ball to lock it up

I haven’t had much trigger time with mine but I can see you can run lower reg pressure than the P1 and get plenty of velocity. There’s more power available.

If your interested in a Compact with the RPB barrel the barrels are not available until next year sometime. So you will get a 20” CZ if you ordered or order anytime in the near future. Not a bad thing as these barrels are crazy accurate. Just a better pellet barrel in my experience.

So in my view unless you are a slug shooter there’s nothing earth shattering to justify the move to the P2.
Thank you for your take on things... Oh I get slug fever stuck in my head and "think" it's all that sometimes. I have the V1 compact and full size that are very accurate shooters. But couldn't help but wonder if the V2 was worth the extra... So far it sounds like it isn't