• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RTI Prophet II — Powerful and Tough — a Hunter's Dream

On another thread there were some concerns about if the RTI is a good hunting rig....

And a few other concerns about sturdiness....

And big power....

So, instead of derrailing that thread, here goes:

RTI Prophet II ■

🔸Instead of the Impact's 30 o-rings, the RTI has 7* (seven) o-rings.
*[Correction: 6, and for performance version: 15👍🏼]
And a very sturdy shroud/barrel.

🔸 The OEM magazines are nice for left-handed shooters.
And the CARM magazines don't flip left/right.

🔸 You want BIG power — but a sturdy gun:
.177cal = 22—37FPE
.22cal = 35—65FPE
.25cal = 44—77FPE
.30cal = 48—100FPE
Plenum 70cc
HardAir Magazine just did a write-up, and they have more power graphs (power—regulator setting correlations):

🔸Externally adjustable regulator 80-180 bar (1150-2600psi)
🔸Externally adjustable hammer spring

🔸Barrels
.177cal:
510mm=20", 1:17.7 twist, choked
.22cal: 600mm=24", 1:16 twist, light choke to accomodate both slugs and pellets, proprietary RTI barrel
.25cal: 600mm=24", 1:16 twist, light choke to accomodate both slugs and pellets, proprietary RTI barrel
.30cal: 600mm=24", 1:16" twist, choked

🔸 Caliber change kits available
🔸Arrow barrel available (Arrows X7 2212)

This is a dream gun! 😊

Matthias

Last edited:
I had been wanting a higher end PCP and had been looking for some time. After a lot of reasearch, I decided on a Prophet, then when the Prophet II was announced I started looking for clearance priced Prophets and got a decent deal on a Prophet Performance.

I really love the simplicity and solid design of these guns. I may even get a Prophet II later on.

I bought a couple more P35s this year and lucked out and got a very accurate 22 caliber (and a pretty good 177). But the Prophet is on my wish list for a higher priced PCP. I shoot from the left shoulder so that leaves out FXs. I like the idea of caliber changes although I'm not sure I would ever do it. I've read that Marauder baffles will fit in the Prophet shroud. Any of you guys try it? Three baffles with a felt wrapped curler and a half really quiets my P35s down - mid to low 80 db (arranged baffle, half curler, baffle, full curler, baffle). Modifying the shroud this way costs a lot less than a moderator and doesn't increase length and weight (although I did extend my shroud almost an inch on the P35s).

We need to depunk the myth that the RTIs have only 7 orings. I made kits based off the schematics and there are way more sizes than 7 when you include the gun and reg together. Now RTI may only list seven in a kit as they feel those are more likely to fail, but there are definately more rings than 7. Some are so close in size that they get difficult to tell apart.

We need to depunk the myth that the RTIs have only 7 orings. I made kits based off the schematics and there are way more sizes than 7 when you include the gun and reg together. Now RTI may only list seven in a kit as they feel those are more likely to fail, but there are definately more rings than 7. Some are so close in size that they get difficult to tell apart.
So how MANY are there ????

So how MANY are there ????

RTI_Orings_kit_001_1.00_900x.png

That doesn't even include the reg orings and the large 25x2.5 is not even used anymore. There are no under gauge orings 3x3 in that kit. They should really update that list to what they use now.

If you have the fixed reg then yes the gun only has 6 different orings. If you have the performance adjustable reg version then you add 5 more sizes and 9 more orings.

Last edited:
That doesn't even include the reg orings and the large 25x2.5 is not even used anymore. There are no under gauge orings 3x3 in that kit. They should really update that list to what they use now.

If you have the fixed reg then yes the gun only has 6 different orings. If you have the performance adjustable reg version then you add 5 more sizes and 9 more orings.
That aside. The 7 ring myth, debunked.

I don't understand what the big deal is. What pcp airgun in this class has the least amount of o-rings ? Does that mean they're trash if they use a lot ? I used to have a Fx .30 Impact Mk1 that NEVER gave me issues. Loved that gun and sold it because of all the gloom and doom fx haters in this forum at times. Regret listening and giving into all that negativity. If you buy a pcp get to know it and realize you may
one day actually have to change an oring or 2 or 3. 😁

Reactions: jmohme
The fact of it having a lower oring count for me is not about hating fx. It speaks to the simplicity of a gun that exists in a field of guns that are very complicated and utilize a lot of expendables (orings).

No one can dispute that the prophet is in the top tier of pcp’s.

Although I do have concern that if they stay on the track they (RTI) are going, they are going to lose that simplicity.

And it’s only my opinion but the Prophet is an amazing pcp. Rock solid and a very well thought out design.

Dave