Royale trigger after a couple thousand shots

Yes, as someone just noted, there should be a gap in the sear.

After several thousand rounds and after being a part of this thread, I decided it was time to do a little work on my the trigger of my Royale 400 as I described earlier. But, being a complete bone head, I dropped the sear down into the hammer spring area and could not easily fish it back out. Oh well, I guess that was the rifle's way of telling me it was time to clean up that area as well. So out came the hammer spring adjuster, hammer spring, hammer mass and lastly the sear. A half hour later all was back together and verified velocities on the chrono. My trigger is now soooo light and soooo crisp and the rifle firing action is much smoother. Incredible! After this simple maintenance I always wonder why I wait so long.

While I can't say what might have changed, returning a distinct and crisp second stage was as easy as turning the rear adjustment screw in a turn or so. (I found during my last shooting session that the trigger had turned into a true hair-trigger with zero second stage.)

The sear was releasing far before the spring loaded ball bearing even got near the receiver. Again, I don't know what might have changed in the trigger mechanism to make me have to do this, but fortunately it was easy to correct!

"mcoulter"While I can't say what might have changed, returning a distinct and crisp second stage was as easy as turning the rear adjustment screw in a turn or so. (I found during my last shooting session that the trigger had turned into a true hair-trigger with zero second stage.)

The sear was releasing far before the spring loaded ball bearing even got near the receiver. Again, I don't know what might have changed in the trigger mechanism to make me have to do this, but fortunately it was easy to correct!
Glad you got it sorted, mine hasn't changed at all since I put it a bit heavier than it was originally set. When I first got the gun the safety switch was kind of twisted and wouldn't engage all the way in its slot. After seeing one of the many great videos on YT I found out it was adjusted out too far and wasn't falling under the trigger mechanism.

I loooove the trigger on it and thanks to guys like you I'll know how to touch it up when it loses it's lovely break.