• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Rifle cleaning and maintenance

So far I've learned that cleaning a brass barrel might not be necessary, and if I do, be very gentle, How about the rest of the rifle, cleaning and lubing etc? I've always used 5W30 synthetic engine oil to lube my firearms, would that be OK with the Benji, or should I stick with Pellgun oil?

What areas should be lubed regularly? I've never owned a rifle before and I have to admit that I probably didn't take the best care of my Crosmans, but that was mostly out of ignorance. I don't want to do the same with my new rifle so any and all suggestions are welcome.

You use 5W30 engine oil to lubricate your PB? Never heard that.

PBer's have been using 5W30 synthetic engine oil for some time now. There is even great debate as to which is best. Using just a few drops in all the usual places, and one quart goes a looong way. It works with great results, use with confidence.

Eamon

Every time I change my oil in my car, I take the "empty" oil bottles and put them upside down into a jar for a few hours. As a result, I probably have about a quart, which I use on my knives, PBs and whatever else needs it. So since I have so much 'lying around,' no need to buy a quart just for my airguns.