• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

REVIEWS is it just me being old??

Full review; Tell me about the gun the trigger(adjustability), the tank(volume and options), the accuracy at ranges with slugs or pellets. Tell me Air to number of rounds, mag numbers, rails, regulator or more regulators. Cal. available. Show targets at various ranges, you're most likely a better shot but I can judge, Weight, length. Don't just shoot a bunch of crap shot at minimum range or no shooting at all. Show how to adjust(tune). Just because some dude will send you a gun to review, do an honest REVIEW tell me the good the bad and the ugly.

Totally 100% agree (and I’m 46, which isn’t THAT old…….is it?)…….a review should be an in depth break-down and complete analysis of the gun. Not quickly showing a few features then shooting two different pellets at a few different distances. That why I love Steve’s reviews at AEAC. He does an HOUR on each gun he gets. And goes into detail on every part of it. 

A lot of us have forgotten more about airguns than the average reviewer knows about them. That’s why I never watch reviews. I shouldn’t say never, I had to watch a few to form that opinion. I will occasionally watch what Ernest is up to or the guy with the white shades. I’m fully confident about what comes out of their mouths. Those guys aren’t reviewers though, they just tell you how it is and I like that approach.

I like reviews from a users who tried many and can do comparison, and I don't care from where they got sponsored from, I need a review and comparison and I will research further and I will make my own decision based on many reviews, this from a non impulsive buyers perspective.

And there are people who had tested many hundreds of items being that airgun accessories or biking or running or drones or photo/video equipment or .....whatever and so on the list you cannot imagine, bloggers or vloggers on the youtoube or else as long as for over ten or so years...

I gave up writing for commercial publications decades ago when they wanted sterile reviews of advertisers' products... devoid of substance, flavor, spice, humor, and, most of all, criticism(s); no matter how HONEST, Took to writing and self-publishing books with all the above, including as much off-kilter humor, profanity, 'color commentary', and criticism(s) as I see fit. 

That said, I've always concentrated on ballistics and accuracy performance, with little tolerance for all the other details the OP craves. So sue me!

Full review; Tell me about the gun the trigger(adjustability), the tank(volume and options), the accuracy at ranges with slugs or pellets. Tell me Air to number of rounds, mag numbers, rails, regulator or more regulators. Cal. available. Show targets at various ranges, you're most likely a better shot but I can judge, Weight, length. Don't just shoot a bunch of crap shot at minimum range or no shooting at all. Show how to adjust(tune). Just because some dude will send you a gun to review, do an honest REVIEW tell me the good the bad and the ugly.

To test and complete all this work that you ask..,I SERIOUSLY doubt anyone would pay the tester(s) for the time all of this would would take..! And I also SERIOUSLY doubt that any of the testers would do all of this work for...free..!

Pretty simple...time costs money.

Mike

I would love a good airgun review with all the requirements you mentioned but I understand the limitations of the reviewer. Unless the reviewer purchased the airgun himself, I think he would invest the time and money to do so. If they are a YouTuber, maybe not so much. Someone has to pay for all that ammo and with the scarcity of pellets and the cost of slugs, it might not be worth their time and cost if the gun doesn't belong to them.

That's where sponsorship comes in but with sponsorship comes bias. Sometimes. That's why I also like Steve's (AEAC) reviews. I believe in one of his videos, he mentions how he decides whether to do a vlog on the airgun and separates it from the actual shooting review. When he request for an airgun manufacturer to send him a gun, there are different fees associated if they want him to do a really in depth review.

I would never bad mouth a reviewer for not including every little detail about an airgun. I go by the saying, if there actually is one, "If you think you could do better, start your own YouTube channel". This mostly applies to YouTube reviews. It could also apply to a well written forum post for reviews. Either way, it would be hard for everything to be done in one day. There's so much more to it.