• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Retrieving Password from AliExpress

Wonder if any other users have experienced the dysfunctional AliExpress password retrieval function? And if so were you successful in finding a way to make it work?

Tried to order the Hardcover version of the Young Heng and somehow in the process of registering the password password became invalid. Upon trying to reset it a verification code was supposed to be emailed. 4 attempts i executed, i never received a code. ( inbox nor junk mail ever received the code). Tried the customer contact method by phone and that was a bust also.

Got to wonder if the glitches in ordering i have experienced is indicative of a vendor i should avoid?

Any other users encounter this nonsense?

pagedw

WM,

Thanks for the info.! I saw a price listed under shipping that was more than the compressor, but i thought that was the combined shipping+compressor cost.

Never could get to the basket, so your caution sounds accurate.

Didn't you tell me the ebay vendor you used already? If you were satisfied w/ the vendor could you let me know?

Some of the web stores don't appear to identify the version that your buying, so wouldn't know if i was getting the 'hard cover' version or not.

pagedw

"best home-pro" was my Ebay vendor, and yes, he shipped safe, on time and authentic Yong Heng. I got set-pressure version, easiest way to tell is big red knob in middle of pressure gauge. (Turning that knob is how to set pressure.) Hardcover gauge just looks normal. I don't know if "best home-pro" sells Hardcover, I never looked. You'll have to make sure you get what you want as some sellers play fast and loose with the pictures they post.

WM 

pagedw

Was just searching on Ebay and best home-pro does sell another Yong Heng for $239.00, though it isn't labelled as "Hardcover." I looked at the $239.00 Yong Heng version and I think it's a Hardcover. Not "Simple Version," since it has Cyclone water separator, not "Set Pressure," since price is too low, doesn't say anything about auto-stop, which it would. If I were in your shoes, and wanted a Hardcover authentic Yong Heng, I'd get the $239.00 one. You'll have to decide for yourself, of course, so good hunting.

GBGUNNER

Nobody really knows about these sellers, but has an approval in high 90s, been on Ebay awhile and was true, honest and fair to me. Guess you have to trust somebody, sometime.

WM

pagedw

I've never used that vendor so can't vouch for or against. Sometimes the word "Hardcover" is not found describing this version of Yong Heng, on Ebay, as you've seen. AliExpress uses it, however. I'm not sure if vendor will or won't recognize "Hardcover" as a version. The picture clearly depicts what a "Hardcover" looks like. Cyclone Water Separator, normal looking gauge. I, honestly don't know what other version it could be. 

WM 

I had similar problems with passwords and the automated security system that they use. My problem was I was able to log into my account but I was unable to make payments. It took months of frustrating back and forth with the totally useless online help personal. I eventually got it sorted but would not do it again. I think that it's probably easier to make a new account with a different user name. I prefer to use eBay but if I can't find what I want at the price I want to pay, I will still use A.E. I have never had a serious problem with suppliers on either platform. I don't use Amazon because of the shipping costs to Australia.

pagedw

Decision, of course, of who to use as vendor, is up to you. "best home-pro" has been on Ebay since 11/15/20, has 320 followers and 99.3% rating. "happy-shopping01" has been on Ebay 3 months, 10 days, has 4 followers and 100% rating. Reason I'm so paranoid is several months ago, a member, came across some guy, on Ebay, selling Yong Hengs for $150.00 off list price. Was a big scam that Eaglebeak, not only helped solve, but passed along great advice. Our member got his money back and all ended up well, was a great learning experience. Not saying anything wrong with happy-shopping01, just best home-pro seems more established.

WM

pagedw

happy-shopping01 has been on Ebay since March 20,2021. 4 Followers, No Reviews. Sells 93 items, electric car jack, heat press transfer machine, Arcade console and drain machine cleaner. Eaglebeak, any red flags?

WM

Nope, none that hit me in the face. A new account and no reviews are not a good sign but not unusual.eBay and PayPal offer good protection in any case.

Eaglebeak, WM, all good points i failed to find due to my superficial investigation--thank you.

Just sent a msg. to 'best home-pro" to see if he knows which version he is selling here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224495231231

since returns are not free:

"If you change your mind about your purchase and wish to return the item after receiving it, please note that applicable freight fees will be deducted from your refund and a 15% re-stocking fee will apply."

Want to confirm i'm getting what i want (hardcover version).

Thanks for the assistance on this guys!

pagedw