• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Sheridan Reseal kit parts

Hello AGN'ers!

I recently fell into a few oldish Sheridan, 5mm pumpers that needed some work. They are easy enough to work on and fix via the available reseal kits from a few vendors.
However, those kits seem to be expensive (± $30 each) for what is included: a couple of springs, a couple of small gaskets, a flat piece of plastic called a check valve, new poppet and a new air tube pump seal.
I did a search for some of these parts on the McMaster Carr site and was not able to find the parts there, likely because I'm unsure of what exactly they are called/named.
Have any of you tried of found another way to buy a Make yer Own reseal kit for these Sheridan's please? They must be available somewhere, how else do these vendors acquire them to sell?

Mike

selling .10 Orings for 5 bucks is nothing new it is part of the game that we play
the kits have parts that maybe hard to find as one piece or at all and some of these sellers have bought all that are available, so, your options are few
say you could find one part here and another there and one more somewhere else than the shipping is going to eat you alive
if you were to collect a certain brand of gun than you would buy Orings by the dozen that fit it and a have all the parts you need but in reality that is what these sellers have done and wrapped it a kit at a price you have no choice to pay
if the kit cost 30 bucks and you can do the service work, well you just saved yourself 80 to 100 bucks and that would be the cost of 2 x shipping and the service
and what are you real complaining about 10 to 15 buck, there are no free lunches in this hobby

find all the part numbers and then search all those part numbers take every price of each part and add whatever shipping it would be and tell me your total
i bet the 30 bucks looks to be alright
go to Crosman and look up all the parts that you need
https://support.crosman.com/hc/en-us/categories/200223634-Owner-s-Manuals-and-Parts-Diagrams

then find a forum that has the list of the Orings and if you need to make a seal you would need to find material and hole punches to cut the material maybe a vice to push the valve stem apart
the cost will always be high and if you have never gotten parts out of Germany there shipping will make you CRY

Hello AGN'ers!

I recently fell into a few oldish Sheridan, 5mm pumpers that needed some work. They are easy enough to work on and fix via the available reseal kits from a few vendors.
However, those kits seem to be expensive (± $30 each) for what is included: a couple of springs, a couple of small gaskets, a flat piece of plastic called a check valve, new poppet and a new air tube pump seal.
I did a search for some of these parts on the McMaster Carr site and was not able to find the parts there, likely because I'm unsure of what exactly they are called/named.
Have any of you tried of found another way to buy a Make yer Own reseal kit for these Sheridan's please? They must be available somewhere, how else do these vendors acquire them to sell?

Mike
That is a cheap price to pay for good parts and you’ll not find the check valve, exhaust valve, or pump cup anywhere since they are custom to pump air rifles.

I agree. To a point. At the end of the day though it's often cheaper to buy the over-priced o-ring than to order all the parts separately (paying shipping). Imo, what the 'kit' vendor has done is pulled it all together in one place for you, with a single shipping charge. As ridiculous as the price may seem, it's hard to beat buying those $0.10 o-rings from McMaster and then paying $7 for shipping...

Show me a BOM where you get everything from McMaster (or some other reputable dealer) for less.

GsT

I sell complete rebuild kits for the Sheridan's for $16. That includes the pump cups, bolt seal, VG gasket, lead seal, inlet and exhaust valves and the inlet and exhaust springs. If you need the lug bolt tool have those for $7.00 and the main tool for $15.00. Plus shipping on anything. Contact me @ ([email protected])