• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Replacement burst disks

Hi All
Happy Holidays and a Merry Christmas.
I need spare burst disks for my Air Venturi Compressor. I popped one yesterday because I was late getting the SCBA valve open in time on my CF tank. I have a replacement that came in the spare parts bag that came with it. I had the auto shut off set at 4500 psi I guess it is not accurate enough. Any way can't find any online and every body that sell that compressor either don't list them for sale or don't carry just the disks. What is everyone doing, I know I'm not the only one that has blown one trying to top off a tank?
Thanks and Keep your air dry
CH

Does it look like this? This is for my Tuxing compressor. seems to me about as thick as an aluminum can if you could punch out one. i ordered extras.
17d25c7893904696e4f25f5217927ecb.jpg

Man I am out of date!
I'm still sticking with carry your needed part into a painball or scuba shop and see.

Once upon a time ( as I was thinking ) all busrt disc's were simply the flat stamped brass round.
Now it does seem many use "busrt disc" built into the screw in fitting, only logic seems you get to spend $7.00 instead of .70 .

If nothing else ( and PA is too slow or ??? ) if carried in Ace Hardware should be able to figure the threads then you can order from most anywhere that suits you.

John

Most of the $7.00 type say they are only for a certain app or product. Not sure I should sub, for any ting not specific to the air Venturi compressor. 4500-5k explosions are nothing to be screwing around with. I was I navy diver and saw what was left of an area after a 3k steel scuba tank exspoded look like a hand grenade went off. Called Air Venturi and like every customer service dept in the air gun business they will call back with 24 hr. I tell you, the air gun industry customer service sucks.
Thanks anyway
CH

You have pulled the burst disc/disc cover?

The manual reads like they are using the old flat replaceable disc? :
" Once you haveverified the burst disc has failed(there will be a hole in it) byremoving the burst disc retentionscrew (pictured right), remove thebroken burst disc from the unit.You will find additional burst discs in the bag of spare parts that comes with the compressor"

You did not receive said sapre parts? Or no flat disc? 
Or they really are using a one piece part?

Thanks,
John

"spysir" You have pulled the burst disc/disc cover?

The manual reads like they are using the old flat replaceable disc? :
" Once you haveverified the burst disc has failed(there will be a hole in it) byremoving the burst disc retentionscrew (pictured right), remove thebroken burst disc from the unit.You will find additional burst discs in the bag of spare parts that comes with the compressor"

You did not receive said sapre parts? Or no flat disc? 
Or they really are using a one piece part?

Thanks,
John
Hi John.
Yes they using the separate flat disk? I didn't have to pull the retaining screw, to check if there was a hole in the disk. Which there was. I was sitting right next to it when it let go. Yes I did get spare parts bag, but it only had one spare disk which I have put in, I just got an email from Air Venturi, "maybe they will have more the middle of January 2018." Crap! Hope the one I have holds until then, the last one didn't hold that long, only about 4 hrs run time.
wish me luck
CH

Well good news is "I don't need any burst disks for my Air Venturi. The bad news is the compressor ate it's self when the burst disk ruptured. I tried to charge my 90ci pony tank and do some shooting. how ever the compressor was acting funny. The oil which had less than 5hr. on it, bought the compressor 10/27/17 from Air Gun Depot. The oil looked dark and kind of funky (you'll see) so I change it put 5W40 Mobil 1 and drained the filter/water/oil separator and got tar out of it, what the f&*#, took the filter apart and it was packed with back stuff. This came out of the air filter from the blow down.I washed out the filter can cleaned all the black stuff out. got it ready for a test run no tank and more of this stuff just kept coming out and the back cylinder sound like it was going to exsplode. So call Dee at Air Gun Depot and he sounded sick as a dog, but he listened check some stuff pulled my order and said no problem we pick it up ship it back and send a replacement right a way. This was around 2pm today and I already have the emails with RMA and pickup info. Now that is Service. I bet you want get that from a China bay compressor.
Air Gun Depot it the best, I have never called there and got transferred to leave a message and have them call me back in 2 days like some places. I want to give them 5 star for service. Any way here is what the oil and stuff looked like.

f
03537d90262ac04af9b30bbbc7e97e24.jpg

f50f65642dbef8302e316cb18124d79f.jpg

49de29035c5c4b443dcd22044ccb9e00.jpg

Houston we have a Problem!
CH

"Stanger72"Does it look like this? This is for my Tuxing compressor. seems to me about as thick as an aluminum can if you could punch out one. i ordered extras.
17d25c7893904696e4f25f5217927ecb.jpg
Ha I see why it looks so much like my burst disk. I think the tuxing compressor is the OEM version of the Air Venturi. It looks to me that Air Verturi is just a Tuxing with fancy cooling added as an after thought. The fan on the cooling radiator is tie strapped on the the radiator. LOL. Looks like we paying twice as much for. How ever you don't et the customer service from the US resellers. It has rend out my compressor failed and Air Gun Depot jumped in to action and now I'm getting a new replacement free return shipping and replacement shipping so 1299.00 sounds cheap now.
😎
Keep your air dry.
ch

Nice they are taking care of it at their cost.

Now you must open your scba tank - take to fire dept?- as100% of this yuk/junk did not show up AFTER it stopped working so there may be some inside your tank which would not be good at all.
If you find anything in your tank, how long has it being building sthufff ? If anything in tank, strip open your airguns too.

Thanks for the update,
John