• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Renegade HP .25

25a9c87262c60985f281249961292c53.jpg
Tried to do some testing with chrony today but only had 190 bar of air. Jsb 25.4 pellets and fired 4 foulers and all were 990-995 Next 10 shots Ave. 975. Velocity then started to fall off. Fired 30 shots in total and pressure was down to 100 bar. Best guess is 30 good shots with 240 bar. Next test will be with the tank tethered at 210 bar.
Does anyone have a suggestion for a regulated tether set up.

Pat
Thanks for the tip. My internet searches had already revealed that this guy really does sell kitchen sinks. I gave them a try and explained in an E mail that I wanted to add an adjustable 3500 psi reg. to my fill/tether hose. I also asked for a SCUBA din. to k adapter. Received an Email from Adam who said he was confused and to call him. I repeated my request with difficulty and he quoted $770. I said that is crazy and he hung up. Have found what I need for $389.
Oh well such is life.

• This is very interesting Inde and I look forward to more data as you stretch out her legs. I don't have anything with a .25 LW barrel that shoots anywhere in that neighborhood.

I have a RAW 60fpe .25 on order. A cricket Carbine .25 with a LW barrel, a Vulcan .25 with a CZ barrel, and a Bobcat .25 with ST barrel that's been worked over by ER to 59.4 FPE.

Bobcat stats - Kings @ 971. Fat Kings MK1 @ 881 . Fat Kings MK2 @ 888 ( for accuracy prefers MK1)

Cricket stats - Kings @ 929, Mk 1 @ 841 and MK2 @ 848 (prefers MK1)

Vulcan stats - Kings @ 931, MK 1 @ 832 and MK2 @ 841 (prefers MK2)

General Observations from watching tens of thousands of .25 rounds go down range up to maximum 120 yards.
  • The .25gr Skinny Kings will fly true at some pretty high rates of velocity without destabilizing. They are however, more susceptible to wind. At 971 out of the Bobcat, I can hit 1.5 inch steel spinner at 100 yards as many times as I want in light winds. Of the thousands of rounds shot at this speed, I've only ever seen 1 true "flyer" out of the ST barrel at that speed which was most likely caused by skirt damage.
  • Preference for MK1 or MK2 with regards to accuracy is barrel specific.
  • The Fat Kings produce an excellent BC for a diabolo design pellet and demonstrate great wind resistance 
  • Mk2 generally fly faster than MK1 by about 8-10 fps, which I attribute to the slightly wider skirts (tighter barrel fit) with deeper concavity inside of the MK1.
  • The Skinny Kings are generally 80 to 90 fps faster than Fat Kings in a given gun.
  • I have not seen objective collection of data to determine the stable upper boundaries of velocity for the Fat Kings.
  • There are plenty of anecdotal reports and opinions about "best accuracy" for the Fat Kings between 830-860 fps
  • I have a quickly growing affinity for the Fat Kings and am very closely watching guns on the market that are capable of more than 60 FPE with them. The industry has been excruciating slow to produce guns which are specifically tuned to exploit the Fat Kings' capabilities despite their availability for 1.5 years; which led me to have ER hot rod my Bobcat a year ago.
  • It is easiest to monitor and observe pellet flight when the sun is low and behind you.

Reactions: Centercut
"Mick-VA"
  • This is very interesting Inde and I look forward to more data as you stretch out her legs. I don't have anything with a .25 LW barrel that shoots anywhere in that neighborhood.

I have a RAW 60fpe .25 on order. A cricket Carbine .25 with a LW barrel, a Vulcan .25 with a CZ barrel, and a Bobcat .25 with ST barrel that's been worked over by ER to 59.4 FPE.

Bobcat stats - Kings @ 971. Fat Kings MK1 @ 881 . Fat Kings MK2 @ 888 ( for accuracy prefers MK1)

Cricket stats - Kings @ 929, Mk 1 @ 841 and MK2 @ 848 (prefers MK1)

Vulcan stats - Kings @ 931, MK 1 @ 832 and MK2 @ 841 (prefers MK2)

General Observations from watching tens of thousands of .25 rounds go down range up to maximum 120 yards.
  • The .25gr Skinny Kings will fly true at some pretty high rates of velocity without destabilizing. They are however, more susceptible to wind. At 971 out of the Bobcat, I can hit 1.5 inch steel spinner at 100 yards as many times as I want in light winds. Of the thousands of rounds shot at this speed, I've only ever seen 1 true "flyer" out of the ST barrel at that speed which was most likely caused by skirt damage.
  • Preference for MK1 or MK2 with regards to accuracy is barrel specific.
  • The Fat Kings produce an excellent BC for a diabolo design pellet and demonstrate great wind resistance 
  • Mk2 generally fly faster than MK1 by about 8-10 fps, which I attribute to the slightly wider skirts (tighter barrel fit) with deeper concavity inside of the MK1.
  • The Skinny Kings are generally 80 to 90 fps faster than Fat Kings in a given gun.
  • I have not seen objective collection of data to determine the stable upper boundaries of velocity for the Fat Kings.
  • There are plenty of anecdotal reports and opinions about "best accuracy" for the Fat Kings between 830-860 fps
  • I have a quickly growing affinity for the Fat Kings and am very closely watching guns on the market that are capable of more than 60 FPE with them. The industry has been excruciating slow to produce guns which are specifically tuned to exploit the Fat Kings' capabilities despite their availability for 1.5 years; which led me to have ER hot rod my Bobcat a year ago.
  • It is easiest to monitor and observe pellet flight when the sun is low and behind you.
FX, Cricket and Vulcan, great stuff ¡¡
How do you get 930 fps with kings in the Vulcan? Even with HST adjustments my Vulcan only reach 880 fps.

The jsb heavies mkll are a tight fit in mag. however, a firm push on the first one allows the rest to just drop in. I have tested the cycling of the mag. out of the gun and no problem. The skirts are resized a small amount by the mag. I would not worry about the Wolverine. Daystate should counter sink the mag. about 0.010" which is what I will do. Note: the .25 does not have an oring in the mag.

😬😬 Ok before I start destroying the mags with dremel. If I take it to a machinist does anyone have an idea on how to solve this in fairly simple terms? 

These mags... I have had the some problem in 303 with having to enlargen the diameter to 7.7mm . It's a real pain in the ass if one hasn't got the tools and skills as most shops have never seen a mag like that. They get iffy very quickly when you talk about dissembling, repair and assembly. Anyway just wenting.. I'm sure the engineers are aware of this as daystate but are hampered by economical reasons.😠