• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Regal XL questions

I'm wondering if the stock is flat enough lengthwise up front to attach a short pic. rail for a bi pod? I have a Regal XL on the way and it has a sling stud so I can use a sling stud to picatinny adapter (which I have) but would rather remove the stud and use a pic. rail bolted right to the stock.

Also, how high does the magazine sit above the action? Wondering what height rings I need?

The magazine sits a tad over 1/2" above the breech, so I'd go with high rings depending on your scope. You might give AOA a call about the scope and rings, they would know.

1554338272_7660040335ca551e0bed491.55053315_DSCF7354.JPG

I believe the shortest rail you would be able to use is a 3 slot picatinny rail. The base of the bipod it would attach to is often too long though. I went the traditional route and used the shortest sling stud to mount on the thinnest portion underneath the forend.

After screwing in the sling stud, it was still about 1/16th which I had to end up grinding down because it was making contact with the air cylinder. I hope manufacturers start taking considerations in regards to making their forends a little thicker to mount a sling stud or pic rail.

I have seen it done. Don’t like it. I had an XL and would never put a pic rail on it (personal preference) at most I would use a stud for a sling. If you search around I’m sure you can find pictures of it being done.

I put one on my s510 and I admit it doesn't look the greatest but after using an Atlas I can't go back to a harris style bipod again and not using a bipod is out of the question if I want to hit what I'm aiming at lol.