• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RedWolf Heliboard tuner??

Hi Guys and Gals,

Well as I had feared looks like my time will start getting short as far as being able to tune and tweak my RedWolf with the new heliboard installed. Got the directive that I am going to be pulling ER shifts as we deal with the warmer weather and normal issues on top of this little virus you may have heard of making the rounds....

I want to get each setting dialed in to get the most out of the gun. I spoke with Jack and as he supplies them they are tuned for the masses but definitely not dialed in to maximize each setting.

Anyone out there tune a heliboard for a RedWolf HP?

Looking to get it shooting the 25.39 Redesigns across each power level (or as many as practical) if for the lower power settings they need to be tuned for say the 18 grain etc. that is fine and may be preferred. Basically want to dial the new board in to get the absolute most out of it as possible across all settings and have each setting documented (example: Power 12 averages 1015 FPS over 40 shots with and extreme spread of 12 and a standard deviation of 3.5 with 25.39). Each starting data recorded and changes made documented etc. as well as accuracy recorded at each power level.

If you have the time and know how and want to take on the job let me know (obviously this is not a simple tune of an air rifle and know it wont be a quick process and will obviously pay accordingly)!

Hoping to get going ASAP!

Dr. Mike 

Most HELIBOARD users will pick a curve thats closest to the velocity they want with a particular pellet and just work with it.

Then shoot some strings over a chrono and simply tweak the high and low reuslts, I see absolutely no point in tailoring every one of the 12 curves, at the most have 3 for the 25g RD with a velocity difference of 15-20FPS between them, then do the same for the 18g.

Thanks guys for the responses!!

I am sure I can take it out as is and would be just fine but want to squeeze every ounce I can out of this gun and even speaking with Jack there is a lot of adjustability in each power level.

I am thinking something like 

Power 12 tuned to 980

Power 11 970

Power 10 960

etc. etc. with each power level tuned for lowest standard deviation etc.

I know if sounds excessive but what can I say just how I am I guess!!

Anyone interested shoot me a message, looking to get this done ASAP.

Thanks!

I tune my Heliboard working up from low pressure to high rather than shooting down the pressure from full. It saves a lot of air. I go above a setpoint pressure wise and then shoot down to just below the set point then move up to the next pressure set point and so on. This way I don’t have to waste as much air or pellets shooting down all the way from one setpoint to the other. You need to know when to stop since you can tweak endlessly. 

Nothing at all to tune. You did it already by swapping boards.

There's Nothing else to do. It's already done. You got your 12 power levels. Nothing to tune.

Set to the closest power level that's around 920-940fps for Redesigns and 860-890fps for 18gr JSBs. Just change preset power level to change speed so simple.

Not exactly.

Each of the 12 settings can be individually “tuned” to flatten the curve even further by adjusting the pulse width.

There’s a very good thread on adjusting each setting. It’s also covered in the manual. 

Nothing at all to tune. You did it already by swapping boards.

There's Nothing else to do. It's already done. You got your 12 power levels. Nothing to tune.

Set to the closest power level that's around 920-940fps for Redesigns and 860-890fps for 18gr JSBs. Just change preset power level to change speed so simple.

Not exactly.

Each of the 12 settings can be individually “tuned” to flatten the curve even further by adjusting the pulse width.

There’s a very good thread on adjusting each setting. It’s also covered in the manual.

The information doesn't have to be correct just NEEDS TO BE STATED. 

Flattening the already programmed curves is extremely tedious and mostly futile. If you can get your shot string to an ES of 12 or 13 FPS that’s about as good as it gets. I spent hours and hours and hundreds of pellets trying to smooth out level 8 at about 975 FPS with RD Monsters. The issue is that it is not a discreet change just that step within your power level. Each changes also affects the speed at that power level but slightly above and below that step. In the end, I just returned my settings to stock. What you can do is keep the stock settings and vary the capacitor voltage to move the entire shot curve up or down to suit your desired speed... Here’s an example of the stock shot curve RD Monsters level 8 with the RW HP that came with GCU2.0 Each column has pressure in “r” value and speed.

1597622867_8373634605f39ca53af40f8.49592653.jpeg

I think that is what I am getting hung up on is tuning each shot inside of each power level.

Very good point of just adjusting the voltage to get close to an average of the power level I want for each setting.

Jack set levels at 69.5 across the board...He mentioned to set power 12 at 72.5 and work down from there....

Might be the way to go instead of focusing so much on each shot inside a power level as long as the spread is within reason....