• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Red wolf .22 hp ring height

I’m going to put a 11mm to picatinny adaptor just because if the flexibility that will allow. My plan is to be able to switch back and forth between a conventional optical scope and my ATN. It’s not that the 11mm dove tail on the air gun is a problem it’s just that you don’t find them on many powder burners. I can put a picatinny on my other guns and using quick release rings on my scopes I can move them around easily 

I just mounted my scope last week and haven’t had a chance to do much shooting because I was out of air, but I stuck with the dovetail rings and got the Sportsmatch high. My scope is a 34mm with a 56mm bell, and I jacked the rear rings all the way up to get the max adjustability for long range. My scope with Vortex Defender caps just barely clears the barrel. By doing that, it left me with almost all my elevation adjustment to adjust for long range. 

It was overkill for 50 to mount it this way, and even 100, but it should allow me to test it long range now that I have some air. 

Everything depends on the scope you are using and how much adjustment it has, but hopefully this gives you an idea of the fitment as well.