• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Recommended UTG 3-9X40 AO True Hunter not fitting my Benj Titan .22 Nitro Piston

**Update** Do I just need to get a high-profile UTG integral 1 inch mount?

I'm a noob to air guns. I just moved to a very wooded area and I need to shoot a bunch of raccoons. I bought a Benjamin Titan that came with a Centerpoint scope, but after reading lots of reviews I bought the UTG scope to go with it for $91.00. 

The UTG rings are too wide for the grooves on the Benjamin, and the Centerpoint rings do not mount the scope high enough for the large end of the UTG to clear the barrel! I can compensate by using a much lower mil-dot but I want to fix it. 

Can one of you experts help a noob out and let me know what I need?

Thank you!

shperkins

"shperkins"**Update** Do I just need to get a high-profile UTG integral 1 inch mount?

I'm a noob to air guns. I just moved to a very wooded area and I need to shoot a bunch of raccoons. I bought a Benjamin Titan that came with a Centerpoint scope, but after reading lots of reviews I bought the UTG scope to go with it for $91.00. 

The UTG rings are too wide for the grooves on the Benjamin, and the Centerpoint rings do not mount the scope high enough for the large end of the UTG to clear the barrel! I can compensate by using a much lower mil-dot but I want to fix it. 

Can one of you experts help a noob out and let me know what I need?

Thank you!

shperkins

The large end of the UTG is called the objective end. A 40mm objective is typically fine with medium height rings. High rings would be overkill unless the barrel is oversized or extends beyond the base.
The rings you bought are meant for weaver/picatinny rails. Your gun has an 11mm dovetail which means they are not compatible. Go with what Matt said and grab rings meant for 11mm dovetail that are meant for 1" scopes.

Reactions: shperkins
"30cal"On an other note I don't think that gun is powerful enough to cleanly kill raccoons. A .25 PCP would be a much better choice. If you do try it keep the range very close or you will just injure them.
Will do. I have extensive hunting experience and if I can get a good zero at <30 yards I shouldn't have any trouble getting a clean, quick kill in the vitals or head. I just haven't used air rifles since I was a kid.