• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Recommendations for hotrod Discovery build.

I have been gathering parts for a accurate and powerful rifle. My base is a Benjamin Discovery, I have a BNM breech and intend to install a Maurader trigger, Boyd evolution stock and Cothran power valve. It will be 25 caliber. I need to choose a barrel that will work well with 45grn rat snipers, leaning towards LW, but the green river is 30 bucks cheaper.
Also, does anyone have experience fitting a 2nd air tube using the air Guage port to connect them similar to airgun labs, as I have an extra disco tube to use.
Any suggestions with other products you have used?

If weight is of a concern for you, you might want to spec the parts out. LW barrel .630 as compared to the green mountain .500. take into consideration the extra tube assembly also. I juiced up a.25 Marauder to the 70 FPE range. The Ratsniper slugs shot much better than the 43 gr. Eungins. I believe the Cothran valve can put out 300FPE, I spoke with him a while back, and with a 30" custom tube it was like 3 shots for a 9mm

Picking the "pellet" you want first may not work out. I am sure you know many people try many different pellets trying to find the one that works best in their barrel/rifle.
Do you plan on cutting off the chocked section of the LW? Many people feel a choke and slugs (not pellets) do not always work all that well together. If you are dead set on ratsniper ammo I think you should use whatever barrel (TJ's) he recommends.

John