• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Recommendations for Air Rifle under $200

After having both springers and PCP, go PCP if at all possible. Even cheap PCP's shoot so much smoother (I have a Marauder).
Maximus package on Crosman.com is $350, with 25% coupon from the banner on this page make it under $265.

It's been said (haven't validated this myself), that Thursdays is free shipping day on top of the coupon. Not sure if that's accurate, so check it out before counting on it.

Another plus on the Maximus is that it shoots less expensive ammunition. Reading the reviews, it shoots Crosman Premier Domes well, which is less expensive than other brands. Tin of 500 is $9.95 on Pyramid Air and AirGun Depot, with both sites doing buy 3, get one free promotions, that's only $7.50 a tin.

Beauty of the PCP is that you don't have to worry about the hold nearly as much as with the sprinters. Artillery Hold takes some getting used to. 

If you want a full powered version of the Maximus, it's around 30 shots per fill, but the Euro version (limited to 12 foot pounds) is closer to 60 shots per fill. It's not available in the States yet, but is listed on the Crosman site.

Can't go wrong with the Diana's either. Lots of good choices, No way to really lose out on this one.

I also have other springers, Crosman Titan (.22), Ruger in .177 and a couple more. Since I got the PCP, the springers just sit a lot.

i understand ur 80? so i know u dont need a gun that requires 35 pounds of cocking force. i get tired after 25 shoots. i bought a gamo accu ,22 last year its a underlever. real easy to cock cost 199 at pyramyd air. it is black around 7 pounds.the stock has a nice feel and its not hard to load pellets.beingn a fixed barrel theres no droop to worry about. i belive some years ago gamo called this rifle the cfx. i also have a benjaim discovery.22 it cost 259 .177 cal and 279 .22 and thats just the rifle.with a pump ur looking at 399 to 424. the maximus is 199 for just the rifle. 379 with the pump. there real easy to shoot no recoil and light. if ur not in town dont worry about a tko sound moderator. i use a bushnell ar 3x9 ao and its good for 60 yds using the mil dots. wont u to have a much info as i can.these pcps are cool but the price to get in is tough when ur on a buget. take a look at the gamo and if u think this may be for u gamo has a repair plan thats really good.