• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Rear Steyr LG110 Unit - Ergonomics Engineering Development Breakthrough

JG66

Oct 10, 2016
London
Can't post link to FB video, so will post this link: https://www.pimpmyairgun.com/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=2080

The Video Needs to be Watched to Appreciate the Most Important Development done to commercialize what Feinwerkbau started with the Fwb800 to having a rear lateral multi positional rear butt stock now available for the Steyr

547cfcdff0836981222b7cea63e8bb77.jpg

7906cc536a0eb5bcb95dd9605e174672.jpg

b62054ef889eb7e146b2736da5b09970.jpg

Reactions: Scott_Allen
"BigsStick"
"Deja"oh jeebus those field target setups look retarded
While the piece shown above is beautifully machined, I have to agree. At what point does it stop being about the shooter, and become more about the contraption?
Depends on the discipline and same could be said about many, many products you have or use in your daily life; consider all the shooting disciplines, and I'll mention a few:

a) Benchrest (air / rimfire / large caliber air or powder burners)
b) Field Target (air)
c) ISSF - 10m Olympic air rifle (air)
d) ISSF - 50m Rimfire 
e) Long Range / big calibers (large caliber powder burners)

etc..etc..etc..

Each disciplines has it's set of rules what's permitted/ not - and the big manufacturers tailor their stock/ action combo accordingly..and per local country laws.

If Its general airgunning - from Hw100 , AA S400/410 /510 , AirForce, Marauder, numerous bullpup brands , all available powers & calibers, single or multi shot, etc...then I suppose the development remains as is...in the general sense...and a group of users/customers like it that way...

Exception being electronic triggers as found on Daystate , or some form of new development from Edgun or Steyr H5A (semi auto). Purist say..the electronic trigger is not their cup of tea...as it feels 'dead' and the bond is lost between shooter and gun, so rather have mechanical springer or PCP trigger (ruling out costs). Some others look down on the Steyr H5A as saying "What's the point ?" and " I wouldnt buy one...so you shouldnt own it either.." (from a cynical British anti semi auto group with an axe to grind & protectionist cartel like agenda - nb: they are now legally called "Self Indexing")

Same thing with users choice of Thumbhole, versus classic hold ...laminate or wood, versus alu stock....or vertical grip grip versus offset grip...and it goes on...all ergonomics, and down to personal choice/preference...which is subjective.

Origins of S rear butt
This rear butt lateral S contraption is actually available on the Feinwerkbau 800 Olympic air rifle...which is now available as a 16 J / 11.5 Ft/lb Field Target model...Its all part of "Ergonomics" to fit the shooter... >> http://www.airgunsofarizona.com/precharged-pcp/feinwerkbau-fwb-800-x-field-target-15-ft/lbs/

2c07b663ca31519b3660aebf3c87204d.jpg

Steyr S link
Development by a company or smart entrepreneur who spots a gap on the market to allow the shooter a better more precise shot at a metal silhouette aint a bad thing..the market will be the judge ultimately if bought in, or rejected by the group for which it is intended for - Either the product sells like hotcakes or fails miserably....but no way will any Field Target guys scoff at this rear butt stock made by a entrepreneurial guy as It is self evident what a FT user gains & benefits from having it...scores may improve for most; some will stay the same; a few won't like it & will sell onward...

NB: by this time next year - I predict at least 70% of existing Steyr LG110 owners will have this or some variance of it - in all /any WFTF event..

Final Thought
The day when you use your iphone fixed to the scope with inbuilt range finder, and the user fires the darn thing from a tripod or bench rest via their 2nd iphone will of course be the day - when Its all about a contraption ...It would indeed be a sad day for some, but then on the other hand, another bunch of you are probably saying "Cool ! can't wait to try this out with a R/C Steyr H5A set up" ...Remember Bruce Willis in TheJackal ? - Now that is a contraption...

cf8c1bbc9bfc2a5ca69e558b3216f8cb.jpg

...Anschutz9015ONE - some of you would consider this Butt Ugly...no problemo...but again - It's a 10meter Olympic air rifle that was power pimped in 2015 by our UK Guru Jon Harris (to your Allen Zasadsny) to 11.5 ft/lb.

Anschutz S Link
The previous owner loved pimping it...It was a radical new 10meter air rifle for ISSF 10m events using a carbon tube as parts of its stock chassis...Of course, like the Feinwerkbau 800 which came out a few years before, It has the lateral S rear butt which adjust to your body...(Picture 2); owner added bipod, scope rail , and what you see...

How does it shoot ? See picture 3 - 80 Yards inside a Jumbo Hangar in still air...
Which explains why Anschutz Germany decided to launch this year OEM - Anschutz 9015 Field Target & Hunter models - as they realized they had consumers/customers and wanted to cash in ...

Granted- not to everyone's taste...but definitely not a contraption but a fly killer...

5d67d6369e23672686d473c152775673.jpg

e6c690eb0a33c48625ba650e17d3f0e8.jpg

ea38a75cae10ee0bb37d9437707dc8b1.jpg

More pics: https://www.pimpmyairgun.com/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=1629

"Deja"oh jeebus those field target setups look retarded
@Deja - On your profile it says your from Finland...outright lie or the truth ?

c024c4c46ba9d1798c6c2a3379c8a111.jpg

Well if truthful, tell your Finnish compatriot his son looks retarded and he has a retarded piece of Field Target kit to win 3rd place in LV class...will ya ? ;-)

aad20b790c0977b2375569ae28689628.jpg

If you're not from Finland..It makes you a non credible jerk off troll ... ;-)

Reactions: X27
I am from finland and i actually shot with those 2 once. Doesnt make those field target setups less retarded imo. The rifle on the picture is still somewhat looking like it used to be a rifle at some point. 

This is a matter of taste and last time i checked its different for most people and im not a troll just because i dont like what you like.

edit thats not a field target kit btw, looks like a bench rest setup. No cheek riser to the moon and scope isnt 30 cm high. No hamster larger than life.

@Deja - Am guessing you have no idea, nor are bothered about Benchrest shooting rigs - whether air or powder burners...perhaps you should have more cold blood running in your veins like the great Mikka Hakkinen, or Tommi Makkinen ?

That kid has it- cold blood running in his veins (doesnt even crack a smile with all those medals & carrying the trophy) - sign of a future amazing great bench rest shooter who keeps his emotions under control (reminds me of Bjorn Borg and other Skandi top athletes)- perhaps you should tell him & his dad about your view point on "retarded rifles" and what is a real rifle ??? ... and they are after all, your Finnish compatriots...and am sure you can trace them in Finland by their local club, or local Finnish forum and tell them to their face your opinion...LMAO !

If you dont like 'retarded' rifles from HFT, FT, and Bench rest rigs - simple - refrain from making any sarcastic comments in "Target Shooting" to anyone's postings...as you are NOT contributing any useful tips or observations ;-)

REF: Your casual observation on the Anschutz 9015ONE - was a 10m 7.5J air rifle, power modded by Jon Harris to Field Target specifications; my friend also requested additional pimping and due to his age and ill health, shot it with a bipod on table; those results for 11.5 ft/lb at 80 yards is staggeringly amazing and accurate. I bought that rifle off him - without bipod- guess what ? It's a Field Target shooting rig - end of. Not convinced ? spend some time browsing Field Target pics on https://www.pelletonpellet.co.uk/category/gallery/ or https://www.thebfta.net/category/gallery/ to curse to your hearts content at all those 'retarded' sportsmen....and those shooting with the Anschutz9015ONE FT rifle..

543814cb74f3876301fdbc81176d19bf.jpg