• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Really appreciate TalonTunes / Tony

I've bought from TalonTunes in the past years ago (A Texan and several TT carbon fiber bottles a couple of years before Airforce caught on to how to up performance) along with other accessories but this is the first time I called and talked with Tony.
I wanted a truck gun and didn't have a clue of what might be suitable, so he took the time to explore my thoughts on it and then he explained how other people had approached the issue.
He recommended the Uragan 2 for me and how he'd tune it to fulfill my requirements ( .25, 36gr NSA slugs at at least 950 FPS). I think he charged a reasonable fee for the upgrades he did.
I got the 600mm barrel (which is of course harder to get power out of than the 700mm.) with the Red laminated stock and I'm VERY pleased with this airgun. It's LIGHT, it's very ergonomic for me and I've shot JSB 25 & 33 gr pellets and of course the NSA 36gr slugs and it's very, very accurate. Spent the whole afternoon shooting and shot around 100 of each, so good to have the Mariner compressor for fast air). Off sandbags I'm getting an average of 5/8 OR LESS groups at 50 yards (with the slugs) . What's amazing is the 25 grains are hitting 1037 FPS and I'd expect them to be scattering all over the place but I'm getting under an inch with them (yes, there's always that damn flyer that raises group size, but if you subtract the flyer it's smaller.)
Finally, I have to mention that the built-in shroud/moderator works really well and although I bought the additional moderator I will not be using it. That keeps the gun short and maneuverable which is what I wanted for a truck gun. You hear the poop but it's so quiet I'm thinking you won't hear it 10 or so yards away.
Note I've got an FX Maverick Sniper .25 w/ 700mm barrel and moderator which although a great rifle is NOT a truck gun and is actually pretty heavy, I mostly shoot it off the bench. Got a Hatsan Bullboss 25 which I've used for a truck gun but it doesn't like slugs of any brand or weight and it's HEAVY so fatiguing to carry after you've left the truck. The 257 Texan just obviously isn't a truck gun, hahaha. I have big bores but they would be too much for truck guns.
But this Uragan is the perfect package of light, quiet and accurate so once again, thank you Tony for guiding me to it.

P. S. This is my first laminated stock because I've always gone for synthetic / black and I really like how it makes the rifle "pop".

Last edited:
I've been talking with Tony the past few days and purchased a vulcan 3 in 30cal,he's gonna ship it out today hopefully,I too were after a nice,powerful,accurate truck gun and chose the fx wildcat bt compact with the slug power kit and superior slug liner barrel in 25cal,my other truck gun is the aea hp carbine semi auto non regulated 25cal,it does very well surprisingly