• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RAW REPORT

ea2571b8a9e5c205d166293d2785c152.jpg
SMH77Ernie (220swift),
I can't seem to find any info on that trigger. Does anyone have a link to details, a cross section, or anything? Is it two stage, single stage, what weights, etc?
I really, really wish Martin would make an action that can drop in an Anschutz trigger...
Sean
Yes it’s two stage fully adjustable with no safety

Crispness of the break (though mine is set pretty good now), adjustability (especially sliding fore-aft), adjustability of the trigger blade/shoe (rotation, height, offset), super light first stage. Anschutz makes triggers (as does FWB, and a few others) that just allow much more customization than the RAW unit. Being a shorter guy, my finger is a bit more stretched to the trigger blade on my RAW than I prefer. Bought a Rowan unit, installed it, lost all first stage travel. Sent it to Martin-same thing-he said it was machined wrong. Contacted them, the responded but still no solutions.

That’s my story and reasoning. I’m going to dump more big money into another gun somewhat soon (once I fix my tax situation), and so want it to be everything I want. My current RAW has me satisfied with accuracy and adaptability (minus the trigger). I was tempted to get and Anschutz rimfire next (and may still end up going that rout for the trigger). I was all set to order, then my taxes forced a delay. I’m now thinking through what I really want-since I have time. $3k on my next RAW order gets me into Anschutz territory, which gets me into Thomas territory. If he makes me one with the Anschutz trigger I want, then I may order a Thomas next. Not really sure now.

But I do love my RAW for sure...

Sean

Yeah, I just got done shooting again (35F with 10 mph winds gusting up to 25 mph) and I have to say, there really is nothing wrong with the performance of the RAW triggers. It really did break super cleanly with zero creep. I guess I would just like a bit More adjustability in terms of positioning the blade. If I could get the Rowan blade to work, that would be great. I’m a bit irritated about that blade right now-but that’s no fault of the RAW trigger unit really (except that it didn’t come more adjustable from the factory, as I stated above).

Overal though, there’s nothing wrong with its performance.

Sorry to whine guys...

Oh and I just rechecked the velocity and BC using the Heavies (Mk I): it’s shooting at 886 fps and the BC (@1 yd to 50 yd) was .0518. Average velocity at 50 yards was 764.4 fps and 886.0 at 1 yard.

Sean

i can't keep them in stock! lol, The Rowan Trigger is nice because you can move the shoe fowards and aft, for those smaller handed shooters, also the shoe rotates outward for better finger contour. Ive found that the stock needs to be slightly shaved on the back part of the trigger drop hole for clearance on all non BR stocks. Very noninvasive and not visible when done. I used a rat tail file or a rotary tool. Tomorrow i'll be installing one in a .357 i'll post pics.