• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RAW REPORT

Seems like almost every time I come here to get my daily RAW fix someone mentions or shows pics of available options (special barrels, multiple barrels, barrel/action/stock combinations, special laminate colors etc etc etc) not shown on their web site. How do you guys find out about this stuff? I've talked to Martin and he seems willing to put together just about any combination imaginable, but this time I'm not going to bother him unless I get wind specific option(s) not known to me when placing the order. Thanks. Love this thread! UJ 

"Hynzie"sean when you barell swap 25 to 30 or vice versa do u need to doo any regulator adjusting at all or are they setting identical,,
According to Martin, once it’s set up for 60 fpe in .25 cal, the regulator settings are basically identical with .30 cal so they can stay the same. There may need to be a slight hammer spring adjustment when swapping calibers. I haven’t swapped over yet, so I’m still learning. I plan to take notes and do a write up for the group's benefit once I’ve done the swap. For today though, I'm really enjoying the .30 cal setup. I'll be running out of pellets soon, so I'll swap over to .25 to test out the polygon barrel setup soon. No worries: more .30 cal pellets were ordered last night. :)

Sean

Could only manage about 5/8” ctc group (5 shot) in the 5 deg F temps today. Obviously a lateral wind was present (8 mph), and I wasn’t trying to compensate for it-just shooting the same point. Edit: group was at 50 yards. Fingers were FROZEN to the point that I had to stop because I couldn't load pellets any longer...

a78d0638218f33434fa09cf63c52e607.jpg

"Hynzie"MARK B please could u go over the RAW trigger thanks pat
Thanks Pat-but I actually got it adjusted correctly now. I'll share what I did for the benefit of the others.

First, the 'problem' I was having was simply that I had some 'movement' (creep) once I hit the second stage 'wall' before I would release the trigger. In other words, I would take up the first stage travel until I hit the second stage 'wall', then-upon building additional pressure-the trigger blade would move ever so slightly until the gun would actually 'fire'.

At first, I was playing around with the screw furthest to the rear of the trigger unit (labeled 'D') and it didn't seem to make much difference-although it did start to have an effect of shortening the first stage travel (back to how I had it prior to sending it in to Martin for the upgrade). That change caused me to decide to adjust the first stage travel to increase the travel to compensate for the amount I just took out with the 'D' adjustment screw. I looked it up in the manual and saw that I needed to turn the screw clockwise to increase the travel of the first stage. I made the 1/4 turn adjustment, and all of a sudden the trigger was breaking like glass!

So, in parallel, I had sent Martin an email asking him how to make the needed trigger adjustment, and joined a UK-based Rapid forum (because I found a thread on someone asking basically the same question I was asking). Anyway, as soon as I made my adjustment, tweaked the trigger weight a bit, confirmed the safety still functioned to lock out the trigger, I went to go check to see if I had a reply from Martin or on the forum. Turns out I had both!

The guy on the forum basically replies and said I can either shorten up the second stage travel (screw out the 'c' screw) or lengthen up the first stage pull (screw in the 'B' screw)-he said either one would be effective. Turns out, he confirmed that what I did was correct (I happened to screw in the 'B' screw to lengthen up the first stage travel). Once I read that explanation (there was more to his comments...), I read Martin's email in which he advised me to lengthen up the second stage travel (the 'C' adjustment screw, rotating 'anti-clockwise').

Anyway, the trigger is now set better than it ever has been and breaks like glass-seriously-ZERO creep whatsoever. First stage weight is set at 4.6 oz, and second stage bumps up the total weight to 8oz.

Hope this is helpful guys.

"PCP507"Today I received my RAW. Abosolutelly disappointed. I have a great White, and could not fill the gun. at around 100 Bar the air was coming back on the foster fitting. 
Have any of you had any issues filling your RAW for 0 to 230 Bar? I don't know what to make of this
No, I haven’t had that problem. I’m assuming you checked to make sure the foster fitting is fully seated onto the valve on the gun? From there, make sure the other side of the fitting isn’t leaking (hose side). If that’s not it, call Joe B and confirm you have the correct fitting on the hose-or see what he suggests.

The gun-each gun-goes through a leak test at pressure prior to leaving Martin’s facility, so I doubt the gun can’t take a fill above 100 bar. Nevertheless, if you can’t sort it out, call or email Martin-he replies ASAP so you should not have to wait long to find out what’s happening.

I could finally fill my RAW. Apparently you cannot fill a RAW from 0 to 230 with a great white because of the slow fill of the tank, so you have two options. The first being getting the gun with some air in it, and the second one, being filling the gun from 0 to like 150 Bar with an Air Hog and once you get the air tank to take the air you can use whichever tank you like. 

It's just a heads up if it ever happens to any of you guys. Here are some pictures

Reactions: jp_over