RAW REPORT

Well it's looking more like a shelter for my HMx just need Windows and a roof, that's next and I have the paint now also.forest green..
03ae569815024a120345689eb80dec50.jpg

"Imold"That's how I used to hunt if I wasn't up in a ladder stand, I would find a pile of dead fall and make a little nest in it and sit and wait, I also did a lot of walking and stalking with my longbow..
Well, an elevated, sheltered enclosure is clearly superior. You get so much more field of view at much longer distances, while being protected from the elements. You're doing a really good job on that, BTW. Just when I think you can't possibly make me anymore jealous, you outdo yourself!

"Imold"No news today except it's our 20th wedding anniversary today and hopefully I make it another 40 with my health but only one knows, still have a positive attitude that my HMx is close to being done.
Congrats! You put your 20 in! I was shy of my 20 by three months. You won't get a pension, but at least you won't lose all you stuff ;-)

"marcella69"
"Imold"No news today except it's our 20th wedding anniversary today and hopefully I make it another 40 with my health but only one knows, still have a positive attitude that my HMx is close to being done.
Congrats! You put your 20 in! I was shy of my 20 by three months. You won't get a pension, but at least you won't lose all you stuff ;-)
I had a 13 year run before this one and it was a tuff one. My wife now is the gal I should of met 33-34 years ago,we would be doing our 33 year today.

"Imold"
"marcella69"
I had a 13 year run before this one and it was a tuff one. My wife now is the gal I should of met 33-34 years ago,we would be doing our 33 year today.

"Imold"Here is what I did today while I wait for my HMx, got it 3/4 painted and the steps built, it's been in the upper 80's and the humidity is in the 90's the way it feels, I gots to take it easy for sure,will get roof on tomorrow if it doesn't rain.
dd24f04649de10fddd1b791c9f6de98c.jpg
Man, that is a work of architecture! Frank Lloyd Wright ain't got nothin' on you! I really like that color; are you gonna throw a camo pattern on 'er?

I'll probably shoot the HMx in there and the air blast from the barrel will blow out the front wall hahaha or a gust of wind will knock it down with my luck, like I said a carpenter I am not but if it holds up this winter it should be good for a lot of years to come, need to find some Windows for it, as of right now I'm just going to use the wood panels I cut out for the windows, 2 are 12" x 54" and one is 12" x 36" and then a 12"x 24" on the south side where the door is so it shouldn't be to hard to find something to fit or have some plexiglass cut....
The closer this get to done the more I think about my HMx and the hours I'll be spending in there this fall and winter and hopefully years to come.

"Imold"I'll probably shoot the HMx in there and the air blast from the barrel will blow out the front wall hahaha or a gust of wind will knock it down with my luck, like I said a carpenter I am not but if it holds up this winter it should be good for a lot of years to come, need to find some Windows for it, as of right now I'm just going to use the wood panels I cut out for the windows, 2 are 12" x 54" and one is 12" x 36" and then a 12"x 24" on the south side where the door is so it shouldn't be to hard to find something to fit or have some plexiglass cut....
The closer this get to done the more I think about my HMx and the hours I'll be spending in there this fall and winter and hopefully years to come.
I'm no civil engineer or carpenter either, but it sure looks like plenty of bracing to me. You really wouldn't want to go any higher with a free standing structure. Good job!