• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RAW REPORT

You know, I know now why I thought the Forest Green laminate had streaks of blue in it; because it does! I took a closer look at my stock and the ostensibly gray laminate does actually have hints of blue in it. I thought the color adjustment on my monitor was whackadoo when I was doing my shopping, but there's actually a fair amount of blue overtones in the laminate. This actually was a selling point in my decision to go with the Forest Green.

"marcella69"
"Imold"Anyone ever notice how carbon air tanks on new airguns look like they've been used for a year or so then put on the new gun, it's either just how the pics look or else it's just me.
No, I'm definitely with you on that. It really irritates me too. I think it really distracts from the aesthetics on an otherwise gorgeous gun. I noticed that on my Impact and made the mistake of actually painting my two bottles. (I bought a spare.) It looked really nice too. But then it became an issue when I sold her. The buyer finally got the paint removed with CarboLift, but I'll never do that again. I should have just wrapped the bottles in a decal if I wanted to change the look; I got a drawer full of that stuff. I had this pollyannaish notion that I was never going to sell her, and I fill my own tanks, so.... I'm just going to keep my guns stock from now on; that really does enhance re-sell value.
Just like a old handgun or rifle....never re-blue the metal or re-stain the wood if you want the most value but if you think you will never resell it do what you want....have seen a lot of guys ruin nice old guns by trying to stain and blue them...

Then there are these...
560de0b5cf883b4d7a94d17156c07d01.jpg

"Imold"
"marcella69"
"Imold"Anyone ever notice how carbon air tanks on new airguns look like they've been used for a year or so then put on the new gun, it's either just how the pics look or else it's just me.
No, I'm definitely with you on that. It really irritates me too. I think it really distracts from the aesthetics on an otherwise gorgeous gun. I noticed that on my Impact and made the mistake of actually painting my two bottles. (I bought a spare.) It looked really nice too. But then it became an issue when I sold her. The buyer finally got the paint removed with CarboLift, but I'll never do that again. I should have just wrapped the bottles in a decal if I wanted to change the look; I got a drawer full of that stuff. I had this pollyannaish notion that I was never going to sell her, and I fill my own tanks, so.... I'm just going to keep my guns stock from now on; that really does enhance re-sell value.
Just like a old handgun or rifle....never re-blue the metal or re-stain the wood if you want the most value but if you think you will never resell it do what you want....have seen a lot of guys ruin nice old guns by trying to stain and blue them...
Absolutely right. When I was a kid and young adult, I was heavily into coin collecting. (In fact, I sold my collection when I got out of the Navy for a down payment on my first house.) I learned almost immediately not to clean the coins (except with warm, soapy water and a soft cloth). To use abrasives or chemical cleaners would be to destroy any non-intrinsic value the coin may have. One would think I would have learned my lesson before painting my Impact bottles.

"Imold"Went out shooting with my son and I destroyed 2 of my wood target backings with the 357 BullDog but it was fun, when I get my HMx zeroed in I think I'll stick to the metal gongs with anything over .25 caliber....
Yeah, I'm going to have to be really careful with my new RAW. It is a quantum leap from the 76 ft-lbf of my Impact .30 to the 130 ft-lbf of the RAW. 357! But, I'm really looking forward to baggin' my first bunny!

"marcella69"
"Imold"Went out shooting with my son and I destroyed 2 of my wood target backings with the 357 BullDog but it was fun, when I get my HMx zeroed in I think I'll stick to the metal gongs with anything over .25 caliber....
Yeah, I'm going to have to be really careful with my new RAW. It is a quantum leap from the 76 ft-lbf of my Impact .30 to the 130 ft-lbf of the RAW. 357! But, I'm really looking forward to baggin' my first bunny!
You'll need to post the HMx's 1st bunny in the hunting thread,looking forward to seeing it...If my 357 Bulldog blew apart that 1/2" exterior plywood like it did at 25 and 50 yards imagine what the RAW will do to it, guess my plan is to get my HMx sighted in at 75 yards and then go right to shooting the gongs.
I just ordered 10 more 3/8" gongs 2 of each 3-4-5-6 and 8" plus 4 T-Post hangers for 2x4s.....

I looked a site where the guy will make any gong or metal target you want all you need to do is call him and tell him what you want or send in a drawing, he builds them all by hand with just a plasma cutter and grinder and he does real nice work, I looked at quite a few he has done and they are nice, maybe when I build my home out on the new property I'll invest in some nicer metal targets but for now I need to keep Cost down in case someone that thinks they are more deserving of the targets then me comes by some night....We call them type people THIEVES and if caught will get what coming to them.

"Imold"
"marcella69"
You'll need to post the HMx's 1st bunny in the hunting thread,looking forward to seeing it...If my 357 Bulldog blew apart that 1/2" exterior plywood like it did at 25 and 50 yards imagine what the RAW will do to it, guess my plan is to get my HMx sighted in at 75 yards and then go right to shooting the gongs.
I just ordered 10 more 3/8" gongs 2 of each 3-4-5-6 and 8" plus 4 T-Post hangers for 2x4s.....
Well, the bunny will probably be missing a head!

I tried to get some numbers on my Chrony with my new RAW HMx .357 (130 ft-lbf regulated), but no joy. I kept getting Error 1 and Error 2 messages (failure of the sensors to detect the pellet). I'll try again later. I managed to get multiple complete shot strings on my P-Rod, Daystate Pulsar .25, and FX Impact .30. Maybe my new RAW is too powerful and I have to put more distance between the muzzle and Chrony, although I did do that. I'm confident that I can get it to work eventually. The RAW .357 is a quantum leap to what I've shot before!

One positive note: Although I did not shoot enough pellets and get valid Chrony readings to actually see it go off regulator, she appears to deliver the advertised 16 regulated shots per bottle fill. Assuming a 250 bar fill shot down to 150 bar, the five shots I did do brought the bottle gauge pressure from 250 bar to 220 bar. Things are lookin' good :)

"Imold"I imagine it was a light issue,should work fine 1-2 feet from muzzle, I normally get error codes if my lighting isn't right or battery is weak,I'm just throwing this out but maybe the little puff of air that exits the barrel might effect it especially on a big bore,just a thought, haven't tried my BullDog 357 through a Chrono yet...
I'm thinking it's a proximity issue as well. I did move the muzzle back a little, but I'll move it back some more. She does push a LOT of air! I'll get it worked out.

"marcella69"
"Imold"I imagine it was a light issue,should work fine 1-2 feet from muzzle, I normally get error codes if my lighting isn't right or battery is weak,I'm just throwing this out but maybe the little puff of air that exits the barrel might effect it especially on a big bore,just a thought, haven't tried my BullDog 357 through a Chrono yet...
I'm thinking it's a proximity issue as well. I did move the muzzle back a little, but I'll move it back some more. She does push a LOT of air! I'll get it worked out.
It will be nice to see some 10 shot strings or however your going to do it.

"Imold"
"marcella69"
"Imold"I'm pretty sure it's just a matterI imagine it was a light issue,should work fine 1-2 feet from muzzle, I normally get error codes if my lighting isn't right or battery is weak,I'm just throwing this out but maybe the little puff of air that exits the barrel might effect it especially on a big bore,just a thought, haven't tried my BullDog 357 through a Chrono yet...
It will be nice to see some 10 shot strings or however your going to do it.
I'm pretty sure it's just a matter of getting everything lined up right. I am using a new method. I used to to have everything battened down on benchrests, very stable. But the days of setting up my Chrony testing in my bedroom are over! The RAW ain't your grandfather's Impact. I am now out in the field with my Chrony mounted on a Primos Trigger Stick tripod, and me shooting from another Primos Trigger Stick tripod w/ a two-point rifle rest attachment. It takes some getting used to. But, I've seen other guys using the same set-up, so I know it's doable.

What I like to do is get a complete string for a full fill. So, for my RAW, that means a fill to 250 bar shot down to 150 bar where it falls off regulator. This will give me a good sample size (16 shots) for a valid average fps and SD, and also shows me where she falls off reg. These numbers, of course, are based on RAW's marketing materials. The empirical testing is to keep 'em honest ;-)