RAW REPORT

"Imold"Your kinda in no mans land now until ya start shooting it..
Yeah, until I get her out in the field and throw some lead across the 'ole Chrony, zero, and range 'er; I'm not really sure where I stand. There's still some stuff I can do. I can clean the barrel.I just mounted the scope. (If I can figure how to post pics from my iPhone on AGN, I'll show ya.) I can adjust eye relief and level the scope. I already fully charged the bottle with my Omega 12 cu-ft 4,500 psi CF mini-tank (the one I'm gonna use in the field). I read the owners manual, filled out and sent the warranty card, stuff like that. I even had a nice heart-to-heart with Martin wherein I told him what a beautiful rifle my new RAW is (which it is). Truly a breed apart.

"marcella69"
"Imold"Nice. Getting some things done then.
Well, one thing I just realized I can't do is clean my barrel. I don't have a cleaning rod long enough! (story of my life.) The RAW HMx 1000x .357 is 30.25" from muzzle to breach! Well, back to Amazon.com!
When my son double fed the .22 Marauder the other day my 22 cleaning rod wasn't long enough either,had to dig up another section of rod from another cleaning kit so I could tap on the pellets so I could get the mag out,what a headache it was but got it done, all my barrel cleaning is done with snakes now so I really don't need the old rod and brush set up anymore.

"Imold"
"marcella69"
"Imold"Nice. Getting some things done then.
Well, one thing I just realized I can't do is clean my barrel. I don't have a cleaning rod long enough! (story of my life.) The RAW HMx 1000x .357 is 30.25" from muzzle to breach! Well, back to Amazon.com!
When my son double fed the .22 Marauder the other day my 22 cleaning rod wasn't long enough either,had to dig up another section of rod from another cleaning kit so I could tap on the pellets so I could get the mag out,what a headache it was but got it done, all my barrel cleaning is done with snakes now so I really don't need the old rod and brush set up anymore.
I ordered this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GH1DUS/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. Now I need a good collapsible rod for the field. Every time I think I'll never be dumb enough to double load another pellet, guess what? I have a really good collapsible rod that I used on my Impact, but that too is too short for my RAW.

"Imold"I looked at getting one like that a few years go but then said heck with it and went all Bore snakes and now I wish I knew where I put some of my old cleaning rods and yes a nice 3-4 piece small diameter cleaning rod old be nice to have around with these airguns.
Yeah, snakes are great for cleaning; but I also need a stiff rod to clear the occasional obstruction.

Well, I just mounted the scope (and adjusted eye relief) on my newly-arrived baby! I also adjusted the cheek piece. I still need to level the scope. I ordered a longer cleaning rod. I am getting her field-ready in drips 'n drabs, but I'm gettin' there! It's fun just doing the little things. This rifle is so high-end I want to set her up just right to bring out her full potential.

The more I get familiar with my new RAW, the more I appreciate the attention to detail that Martin has put into design. I did encounter a little issue with the thumbhole and my two-point rifle rest I have mounted on my Trigger Stick tripod. The rear V of the rest interferes with my grip (the thumbhole grip is fantastic off-hand). However, since Martin designed the grip to include a thumb groove above the thumbhole, my grip is great!. Lovin' this rifle!

"Imold"My day can't get here fast enough but I've learned to be patient kinda in a way hahaha....Marco you need to get us a pic to feed the addiction.
Here's the only pic I have that I know how to post:

8d208a92db0be649d68a319d0c3ecd2a.jpg

I have a slew of other pics in my phone that show the mounted scope, but my wi-fi is down.

"marcella69"
"Imold"My day can't get here fast enough but I've learned to be patient kinda in a way hahaha....Marco you need to get us a pic to feed the addiction.

I have a slew of other pics in my phone that show the mounted scope, but my wi-fi is down.
Still looks awesome......

"Imold"Money Money Money is Green....
I wonder if a day will go by when I don't think about my Blue Boy hahaha man am I naive,a day without thinking about it hahaha.
I actually like the blue the best. I was hoping that my stock had a streak of blue in it. It was hard for me to tell from the pictures on-line. But, I'm really happy with the actual look now that I have her. I need a camo-type look. The straight-up Blue Wine is too flashy for hunting, but man is that an awesome look!

"Imold"I need to get out shooting but this heat and humidity don't go very well with my heart meds and it doesn't matter how hydrated I am, just might have to suck it up and just do it and maybe I'll get lucky and have a slight breeze out there. I'll see what happens after,the mail gets here.
You need to move down here on the border by the sea. Low humidity, high pressure, plenty of sunshine. Good huntin' too!

"Imold"
"marcella69"

Still looks awesome......
I can't argue. I've inspected her stem to stern and she is a flawless piece of engineering. Martin runs a tight ship over yonder in Minor Hill!

"Imold"Anyone ever notice how carbon air tanks on new airguns look like they've been used for a year or so then put on the new gun, it's either just how the pics look or else it's just me.
No, I'm definitely with you on that. It really irritates me too. I think it really distracts from the aesthetics on an otherwise gorgeous gun. I noticed that on my Impact and made the mistake of actually painting my two bottles. (I bought a spare.) It looked really nice too. But then it became an issue when I sold her. The buyer finally got the paint removed with CarboLift, but I'll never do that again. I should have just wrapped the bottles in a decal if I wanted to change the look; I got a drawer full of that stuff. I had this pollyannaish notion that I was never going to sell her, and I fill my own tanks, so.... I'm just going to keep my guns stock from now on; that really does enhance re-sell value.