RAW REPORT

"Mick-VA"Ahh - variety is the spice of life (for so many things). I could never play 18 holes of golf using just one golf club. I've never played golf so maybe my analogy is bad? ......I could never date only one type of "........ oh well. Maybe a set of wrenches in both metric and sae is better in various sizes than a single Crescent wrench? Lol
Maybe that's why Playboy for the married man never took off. Every month it's the same centerfold.

"Mick-VA"My other tidbit of advice is "you can never only have just one." Well maybe that came out wrong too.

The other PCP ownership concept that goes hand in hand is that redundancy is a very good thing. Relying on only 1 gun (or other critical support equipment) will set you up for disappointment or failure in terms of missed opportunities due to wrong application, noise level, caliber, size of gun etc etc. or if one goes down and is out for repair or delivery - you don't have to sit alone in the dark being sad and missing out on airgunning.

I've been without a rifle for over 13 weeks now. I sure wish I would have held on to one.

"marcella69"
"Mick-VA"My other tidbit of advice is "you can never only have just one." Well maybe that came out wrong too.

The other PCP ownership concept that goes hand in hand is that redundancy is a very good thing. Relying on only 1 gun (or other critical support equipment) will set you up for disappointment or failure in terms of missed opportunities due to wrong application, noise level, caliber, size of gun etc etc. or if one goes down and is out for repair or delivery - you don't have to sit alone in the dark being sad and missing out on airgunning.

I've been without a rifle for over 13 weeks now. I sure wish I would have held on to one.
No Airgun for 13 weeks would be tuff to handle for sure.

"Imold"Well my picatinny rail mount level came in the mail today and for 8 bucks and free shipping it's not bad,its metal and built very well way better then I thought it would be....will not look bad mounted on a nice Airgun...you could stamp Vortex,Hawke on it and you would never know it's a cheep level.
A level is indispensable for shots over 50 yards. Although mine is a ring type mounted on my scope tube, it matters not where one is mounted as long as it is calibrated right. (I already described my "dental floss" method :).)

After all the pondering as to what scope to put on and finally making my mind up I finally decide AT last to go ahead and and put on my Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50 mil dot on the HMx .357...I will not be shooting under 50 yards so I figure what the heck go for it...I have other mounting rings for it also.
1e641c7f08dda407ccc0a8f34c193aa7.jpg

Since I'll be shooting out to at least 100 yards I plan on starting at 8 and going from there but I'm guessing I'll go more around 10-12 but I need to get it on the rifle and out to the range and see how the different powers look at 50 to 100 yards and zero in accordingly and then use the mil dots after that...I'm hoping 12 will be the magic number for my zero but will find out when reality comes and I'm on the range.

"Imold"Since I'll be shooting out to at least 100 yards I plan on starting at 8 and going from there but I'm guessing I'll go more around 10-12 but I need to get it on the rifle and out to the range and see how the different powers look at 50 to 100 yards and zero in accordingly and then use the mil dots after that...I'm hoping 12 will be the magic number for my zero but will find out when reality comes and I'm on the range.
Makes sense. I'm putting my Hawke Sidewinder 4-16x 50 IR Half-Mil-Dot on my RAW .357. I will use her almost exclusively for hunting. I will probably just keep my scope fixed on 10x, but I do like the option of zooming in for those occasional extra-long shots. 

"marcella69"
"Imold"Since I'll be shooting out to at least 100 yards I plan on starting at 8 and going from there but I'm guessing I'll go more around 10-12 but I need to get it on the rifle and out to the range and see how the different powers look at 50 to 100 yards and zero in accordingly and then use the mil dots after that...I'm hoping 12 will be the magic number for my zero but will find out when reality comes and I'm on the range.
Makes sense. I'm putting my Hawke Sidewinder 4-16x 50 IR Half-Mil-Dot on my RAW .357. I will use her almost exclusively for hunting. I will probably just keep my scope fixed on 10x, but I do like the option of zooming in for those occasional extra-long shots.
Exactly!!!