RAW REPORT

@Marco on cant. When I use holdover beyond 4 Mils, that's way at the bottom of a long reticle and I find it difficult to keep perfectly vertical. Even with a level. Using turrets, is easier for me to memorize mil dialup needed than range card reference. Out to about 125 yards by memory. Beyond that, I have to recheck Strelock or ChairGun on phone or iPad. I suppose everyone has a personal preference there.

"Mick-VA"@imold Had it since mid June. Took 3 days from RAW to get because someone didn't follow thru on order. Found it via RAW Facebook.

Very nice, it's always nice when a person finds a deal like that. It's like the Custom Blue stock Im getting,he had ordered and cut the one on Facebook for a customers HM1000 and still had a blank left and accidentally cut another R/H Thumbhole out of it so I got lucky when I put in my order,if it turns out as nice as the one on Facebook I'll be a very happy camper.

"Mick-VA"@Marco on cant. When I use holdover beyond 4 Mils, that's way at the bottom of a long retical and I find it difficult to keep perfectly vertical. Even with a level. Using turrets, is easier for me to memorize mil dialup needed than range card reference. Out to about 125 yards by memory. Beyond that, I have to recheck Strelock or ChairGun on phone or iPad. I suppose everyone has a personal preference there.
Mick, it's a misconception that using center crosshair (dial-in) eliminates cant. The effect is identical regardless of whether the dial-in method or holdoff method is used.

To use the mil dots or hash marks at all powers of a variable scope it has to be FFP scope. On a SFP scope the dots or hash marker are only right at a certain power. The center dot is the only one that is correct at all powers. So turning turrets would be best on SFP scope. I think i have it right. If i don't feel free to call me a dumb butt and explain it correctly. 

"Scalf"To use the mil dots or hash marks at all powers of a variable scope it has to be FFP scope. On a SFP scope the dots or hash marker are only right at a certain power. The center dot is the only one that is correct at all powers. So turning turrets would be best on SFP scope. I think i have it right. If i don't feel free to call me a dumb butt and explain it correctly. 

You are correct sir re the FFP vs. SFP tip. But I don't agree that turning turrets would be best on SFPs per se. It's really a subjective preference. Regardless of whether a scope is first focal point or second focal point, in regard to accuracy, either dial-in or holdoff works equally well. I prefer holdoff because I can acquire POI quicker. But to each his own.

"Scalf"To use the mil dots or hash marks at all powers of a variable scope it has to be FFP scope. On a SFP scope the dots or hash marker are only right at a certain power. The center dot is the only one that is correct at all powers. So turning turrets would be best on SFP scope. I think i have it right. If i don't feel free to call me a dumb butt and explain it correctly. 

Big Yep on that, that's why I just zero in at a certain distance with my power level set and go from there,start changing the power and everything changes on sfp.

"Imold"

Big Yep on that, that's why I just zero in at a certain distance with my power level set and go from there,start changing the power and everything changes on sfp.
Exactly. I have a SFP scope and I draft a double-sided range card from Chairgun for every type pellet I shoot. (I can quickly dial-in the respective zeros for the different pellets.) One side is 10x and the other side is 16x. Every once in a blue moon it's nice to zoom all the way in to 16x, but 99% of the time I just leave it set on 10x.

Range cards for various mag, That's why it's easier for me to memorize dialing Mils. For example, If I dial 3.7 Mils for 100 yards, it doesn't matter what mag I have the scope set at. I only have to remember ranges in true Mils.

if you have accurate matching mil turrets and reticle - you can do the above with no additional math. FFP or SFP

You can do the same in MOA if you have matching MOA reticle and turrets.

if you have a mil reticle and MOA turrets - well, that math is beyond me if I need to be quick and I would definitely use hold over in this case.

"Mick-VA"Range cards for various mag, That's why it's easier for me to memorize dialing Mils. For example, If I dial 3.7 Mils for 100 yards, it doesn't matter what mag I have the scope set at. I only have to remember ranges in true Mils.

if you have accurate matching mil turrets and reticle - you can do the above with no additional math. FFP or SFP

You can do the same in MOA if you have matching MOA reticle and turrets.

if you have a mil reticle and MOA turrets - well, that math is beyond me if I need to be quick and I would definitely use hold over in this case.
Oh, I see that now. I do remember reading about that in a blog somewhere. Thanks for that :). I guess one can never stop learning, especially about ballistics! I can see where that skill set could come in real handy. It's just that I'm afraid of wearing the turrets out from the constant dialing!

Here is an e-mail I just got from Martin at RAW:

Marco

I wanted to write to inform you why we have not been able to machine your stock, it was expected we would machine your rail last week, unfortunately when the machine was started to resume cutting when our employee returned from his vacation, the spindle motor had seized and it has taken 4 days of myself and my head machinist to strip and rebuild the head, new bearing housings needed to be made as the bearing lock up was quit catastrophic, these repairs are not something we can plan ahead, and much time gets lost in these unforeseeable circumstances, we only resumed cutting this afternoon, now we have to complete the stocks that were in the process before moving to the next operation, which was the rails, I understand from Sandra that this was not something you was prepared to wait any longer for, so I apologize for this and thought I should make clearer the full circumstances.

Regards
Martin

Class act, that.

"hynzie"interesting i know they follow theese threads... wouldnt be the first time manufactures and builders have chimed in ...i think the Raw brand has exploded since eaac made the 4 vids
Just further indicia that RAW needs to expand, including making capital expenditures in increasing capacity and spare parts. The wait per se didn't bother me. It was being told a date certain in performance and then the date comes and goes with no joy or explanation.

12 days ago when i hung up with sandra this thread was created..and im still waiting for the laminate blank dimensions i need ,,, Sandra was going to email me that day,,,,with the sizes.....,i think your right,,,, no i know ur right ,,,even the nicest and clsssiest people which they are ,,,when they get overwhelmed and lose control over the process,,exspansion can be good and bad good cause paper work and confirmation may be on time but maybe the quality build suffers,,,,id rather have a great rifle than a production line one i know exactly what u mean about telling us something and not following through especially after plunking down lots of $$$$ you end up with that crappy feeling like u took my money now ii forgot ur name that stinks ,,,it was the same for me ,,so i kept calling , Sandra no longer says hello instead its hi Pat ,,,great people in my book they gotta be way overwhelmed