RAW REPORT

"marcella69"
"Imold"I've been thinking of calling Sandra but I think I'll wait another week or so,knowing they had the stock already cut out was nice but I don't think they had done anything else to it at the time being it was a custom Blue blank they cut a Thumbhole out of by mistake. Just happened to be to my advantage.
Sandra told me my RAW will ship tomorrow (Wed) or the next day at the latest. If I don't receive a UPS tracking number by Friday, I'll give her a call. She probably shutters when she sees my name on her caller ID, but she always picks-up!
She will just get someone else to pick it up and say she's not here hahahaha.........j/k.....I would think that the early months of the year are the busiest for orders and when they get into the later part of summer it slows down a bit just due to the change in weather but hey I live in Mn so a lot of businesses are like that.....and ya I know they are world wide so I'm sure they have no slow time....just trying to be positive hahaha.

"marcella69"Imold, did you ever get your order confirmation?
No not yet that's why I'll give them a call next week, I've been dealing with our 08 6.4 f250 twin turbo truck the last few weeks,I'm having a engine put in it due to the other diesel dropping a injector head and taking out the motor,it's costing me 13,500 for a low mileage engine install so that's had me a bit pizzed off, of course insurance won't cover it so it's all cash out of my pocket, he is waiting for another cooler witch should be here tomorrow so hopefully I'll have the truck back this week,it's been a few months now,I wasn't in no hurry but my wife and son have been on me to get it out of the shop.

I kinda figured to wait awhile to call Sandra because it sounds like she is busy and I don't want to bother her anymore then I have to. I'm hoping that they have more done to it then would of been due to Martin having cut that custom Blue R/H stock out with the Thumbhole by mistake,his oops is my gain hahaha..

With my RAW .357 filled to 250 bar using JSB 81gr - I'm consistently getting 14 shots on the reg. Once in a while 15. For me it's as simple as top off to 250, shoot 2 mags - repeat. 14 round shot strings average 859fps or 132.7 FPE. Extreme spread has been less than 12fps and I have not yet had many rounds through it. About 150ish pellets so far or a tin and a half. For a rifle not fully broken in, I'd say that's not too bad.

My scope height using medium rings is at 2.25" which just clears the magazine and gives comfortable cheek weld on the walnut sporter stock and easily repeatable eye box. Zero' d at 48 yards resulting in 3.7 mil POI at 100 yards using a BC of .054 (which is pretty accurate at various ranges so far). For optics, using an Athlon 2.5-15x50 Midas with Mil/Mil.

I haven't not killed any paper with it yet but I have been shooting (smashing might be better word) 3.5", 2.25", and 1.5 inch steel spinners at 52, 58, 62, 71, 82, 91, 98, and 101 yards. Rounds seem pretty resistant to winds up to 8 mph gusts requiring minimal or no hold off. 1.5 " at 101 yards not too difficult when I dial up the turrets vs holdover.

"Mick-VA"With my RAW .357 filled to 250 bar using JSB 81gr - I'm consistently getting 14 shots on the reg. Once in a while 15. For me it's as simple as top off to 250, shoot 2 mags - repeat. 14 round shot strings average 859fps or 132.7 FPE. Extreme spread has been less than 12fps and I have not yet had many rounds through it. About 150ish pellets so far or a tin and a half. For a rifle not fully broken in, I'd say that's not too bad.

My scope height using medium rings is at 2.25" which just clears the magazine and gives comfortable cheek weld on the walnut sporter stock and easily repeatable eye box. Zero' d at 48 yards resulting in 3.7 mil POI at 100 yards using a BC of .054 (which is pretty accurate at various ranges so far). For optics, using an Athlon 2.5-15x50 Midas with Mil/Mil.

I haven't not killed any paper with it yet but I have been shooting (smashing might be better word) 3.5", 2.25", and 1.5 inch steel spinners at 52, 58, 62, 71, 82, 91, 98, and 101 yards. Rounds seem pretty resistant to winds up to 8 mph gusts requiring minimal or no hold off. 1.5 " at 101 yards not too difficult when I dial up the turrets vs holdover.

Those numbers sound promising and generally consistent with RAW's marketing materials. They are also basically the numbers I'm getting with Chairgun using input estimated the best I can. I really want to actually get my RAW out in the field get some real numbers.

I never understood why hunters would dial in the turrets instead of using holdoff. Holdoff is much quicker and just as accurate.

Turret vs dial up. Depends on kind of hunting. Woods and short range I prefer a quick holder over. Longer distances at 4 mil or more or open area like desert or prairie or big meadow, I prefer a quick dial on quality repeatable turrets in Mils. I also find when at 4+ mil - I have less tendency to cant using turrets vice holdover. I use both techniques - depends on situation.

"Mick-VA"Turret vs dial up. Depends on kind of hunting. Woods and short range I prefer a quick holder over. Longer distances at 4 mil or more or open area like desert or prairie or big meadow, I prefer a quick dial on quality repeatable turrets in Mils. I also find when at 4+ mil - I have less tendency to cant using turrets vice holdover. I use both techniques - depends on situation.
I'm too lazy (or stupid) to use dial-in. I prefer to simply draft a range card with all the holdoffs at the various distances. A crosshair is a crosshair no matter where it falls on the reticle. 

Why do you say that you have less tendency to cant using turrets?