RAW REPORT

"Imold"I should add that anytime I make it out to shoot for me it's almost like going to a EBR event, I never know how I'm going to shoot and getting there is a challenge hahaha...
Man, the ballistics for my new RAW are mad superior to those of my Impact. There is only a two mil-dot and four mil-dot holdover for 75 yds and 100 yds, respectively for my RAW; and my Hawke Sidewinder scope (@ 10x) takes me out to 161 yds w/ calculated holdoffs. There was twice the holdoffs for my Impact at any given distance and the max effective scoped range was only 120 yds. Plus, my RAW delivers 62.8 ft-lbf @ 161 yds, whereas my Impact delivered only about 20 ft-lbf at 120 yds. Plus, plus, my RAW has an SD of only 3.00. (My Impact's SD was 5.00.) Further, the BC of the JSB 80s is 2,5x better than the JSB 50s. RAW, how do I love thee, let me count the ways!

"glassman"No cost to go watch at EBR you can buy a ticket to attend the dinners / key note speakers presentations /award presentation and participate in the raffles. If I remember it was like $40.00 - 50.00 to attend the those functions without participating in any of the shooting events. You can call or email AoA and they would let you know exactly what it is.
Cool, that would be so worth it. Just to rub elbows with the airgun world bigwigs! I don't know how I'd do competing with a shot count of only 16 though.

"Imold"
"marcella69"
"Imold"I was out at the Range moving some targets around and replacing batteries in my cameras. I like to move the targets around because unless I use my Rangefinder I really don't know what yards they are at except for my 25-50-75 and 100 yard targets...my 25's are sighted in at 50yards so getting on the other targets isn't really that bad but it helps with figuring out distances when I move them around.
I used to sight all my airguns in at 25 yards, but Chairgun gives the optimum zero distance. I don't have all the exact inputs yet, but the zero distance for my RAW will be about 41.3 yards. (Chairgun has a new version for free download.)
Don't think they have that for the iPad. I know it's for Hawke but I'm sure if a guy/gal had a scope similar it would probably work to a certain degree.
Although Chairgun is a Hawke product and therefore has programmed inputs for specific Hawke scopes, it still works with other brand scopes.

I use the Chairgun app on my android phone. It works perfectly with the fixed 10x SWFA scope I have mounted on my RAW .357 you just need to select the "generic" reticle or the Hawke reticle that matches the one in the scope you are using. I have been able to make it work for the basic information I require. With everything entered into Chairgun for my .357 RAW I get the following basic information. Zero range is 44 yards. Kill zone size of 1". Point blank range is from 11.7 to 49.5 yards (with the 1" kill zone). At 75 yards I have a 1.95 dot hold over, at 100 yards I have a 3.96 dot hold over. Energy at the muzzle (chronograph attached at the end of the barrel on the muzzle) is 134.6 ftlbs, at 50 yards it is 108.1 ftlbs, at 100 yards it is 81.87 ftlbs. This information is based upon a muzzle velocity of 865 fps which was the average from 8 shots taken, 81 grain pellet weight with a BC of 0.0535. You can also get the Chairgun pro app for your computer and get more information if you want.

"glassman"I use the Chairgun app on my android phone. It works perfectly with the fixed 10x SWFA scope I have mounted on my RAW .357 you just need to select the "generic" reticle or the Hawke reticle that matches the one in the scope you are using. I have been able to make it work for the basic information I require. With everything entered into Chairgun for my .357 RAW I get the following basic information. Zero range is 44 yards. Kill zone size of 1". Point blank range is from 11.7 to 49.5 yards (with the 1" kill zone). At 75 yards I have a 1.95 dot hold over, at 100 yards I have a 3.96 dot hold over. Energy at the muzzle (chronograph attached at the end of the barrel on the muzzle) is 134.6 ftlbs, at 50 yards it is 108.1 ftlbs, at 100 yards it is 81.87 ftlbs. This information is based upon a muzzle velocity of 865 fps which was the average from 8 shots taken, 81 grain pellet weight with a BC of 0.0535. You can also get the Chairgun pro app for your computer and get more information if you want.
Those are almost exactly the same numbers I get with the limited confirmed numbers I have (which are probably pretty close), although I plugged in a 1/2 inch kill zone. It is heartening that you are getting an actual muzzle energy of 134.6 ft-lbf! My estimated Chairgun inputs return a muzzle energy of 132.69 ft-lbf @ 859.0 fps, based on the ballistics table published by RAW. I am using a BC of 0.0535 as well. Boy, it's just lookin' better and better! I wish I could get my Chairgun outputs to post here; I have it saved as a jpeg, but the AGN host will not recognize it!

Now, I gotta hit the rack because I have to get up at O-Dark Thirty tomorrow morning. Good talking with you again :)

"glassman"Cool, that would be so worth it. Just to rub elbows with the airgun world bigwigs! I don’t know how I’d do competing with a shot count of only 16 though.

They (AoA) have air rifles there that you can use / barrow to participate in events. You don't have to use your own if yours doesn't suit the event you want to participate in.
Something to consider; thanks :)

thats a cool one i bought a xrt 3 for $115 earlier this year seen a great post the other day that i really paid no mind to ,,,calibrating your rangefinder at certain distances worth doin what about the new mtc rangefinder rapiar does som interesting stuff from laser range finding to calibrating moa and mil connects to wifi mtc app and includes a air piece for bluetooth