RAW REPORT

I have ‘boots on the ground’ talking to Martin in person at the moment, trying to get some clarification on how things will be broken down between companies. First question answered: yes, he (I believe that means Martin directly) will still be doing custom RAW orders. I’m having him ask whether that means AF will produce ‘standard RAW’ guns, parts for ‘all RAW’ guns, or only Theoben brand items. Will post responses, when/if I get answers.

"SMH77"I have ‘boots on the ground’ talking to Martin in person at the moment, trying to get some clarification on how things will be broken down between companies. First question answered: yes, he (I believe that means Martin directly) will still be doing custom RAW orders. I’m having him ask whether that means AF will produce ‘standard RAW’ guns, parts for ‘all RAW’ guns, or only Theoben brand items. Will post responses, when/if I get answers.
Thanks Sean.

Thanks for the information Sean. It would have been nice if the original message would have had more information relative to potential RAW structure changes. Some wonder why we get excited/freaked out over any changes have to understand that we are not as close as they are to the people involved and have only the information that is released to consume and react to.

It would be great if Martin keeps building and gets some relief from AF for some of the issues that keep him from doing what I would guess he wants to do. My guess is that he really likes to design and build 

After I receive the .22 that I have on order now arrives from Ken performing his magic I could be ordering another. Can't ever get too much of a good thing :)

Craig

So I am not sure how to answer the questions I had him ask Martin, so I’m posting the screen shot of the conversation to convey wha I was trying to get answered. My contact has been ‘out of the scene’ for years (was the original person who got me hooked on Beeman when I was 12 years old, actually, since he used to be a Beeman dealer back in the day and sold me my first R1).

Here’s the conversation:

28596e35633621a5c2cbb57926f0cab4.jpg

So my best interpretation of that response lines up with the suspicion I had about AF producing ‘standard RAW’ (non-custom orders), as well as Theoben brand. From there, I suspect Martin will be the lower volume Custom Shop, and perhaps overseer of quality too (not sure of that one). That would free up Martin to also do R&D for both companies and share trade secrets to help AF advance as well, and perhaps allow Martin to glean some extra tech from AF.

*Edit*: and AF will produce some (many?) standard parts for both facilities to use in the RAW lineup (think the action block, probe parts, etc-stuff that could easily be done by AF if they had the drawings). *End Edit*

That’s a WHOLE LOT of reading between the lines, but I will copy and paste this to my contact and see if he says that sounds about right.

Sean

well when i talked to SANDRA the other day she told me direct,, that i can order and get the same attention that i always got out of there from RAW TENN ,,that i can order from there and they will build my rifle from there ,,,same people same place,,same MARTIN and SANDRA ,,thats a relief ,this is all i want,,,,,as for AIR FORCE not sure hopefully they do theoben ,,and the RAW international market from what i hear is much larger than here in the USA,,also was told sometimes product to be had stock blanks and such can be hard to constantly source,it

"Kdog"
"crgabel"Kdog,
I love the wrinkle in the grain. Nice piece of wood.
I do as well Craig,,Thankyou!,,,the lumber gods treated me well with this one!

I would say so. I discussed walnut with martin on my first gun and he had no special walnut at that time. Your a lucky guy.
Thanks for the pics now get out and get us some groups to drool over.
Craig

"Dairyboy"Imold have you had a .30 before? If not you will love it! I think .30 is my favorite airgun caliber and RAW does make a great .30!
No this will be my first 30 cal and it should be here in about 15 hours give or take 10 minuets but who’s counting hahaha just hope there is no bad weather tomorrow, I’ll see if it’s in Detroit Lakes Mn yet at the UPS hub in a bit.

"crgabel"
"Kdog"
"crgabel"Kdog,
I love the wrinkle in the grain. Nice piece of wood.
I do as well Craig,,Thankyou!,,,the lumber gods treated me well with this one!

I would say so. I discussed walnut with martin on my first gun and he had no special walnut at that time. Your a lucky guy.
Thanks for the pics now get out and get us some groups to drool over.
Craig
I work 7 days a week,,,when i get a chance between work and my priorities at home then i will see how she shoots.Besides its the middle of winter here in NE Ohio so I'm not in a big hurry to sit outside and shoot in cold weather.We all know what they are capable of doing and I'm sure this rifle is no different. 

"Imold"
"Dairyboy"Imold have you had a .30 before? If not you will love it! I think .30 is my favorite airgun caliber and RAW does make a great .30!
No this will be my first 30 cal and it should be here in about 15 hours give or take 10 minuets but who’s counting hahaha just hope there is no bad weather tomorrow, I’ll see if it’s in Detroit Lakes Mn yet at the UPS hub in a bit.
Listen, I don't want to be reading any reports of a UPS facility being broken into overnight! LOL-seriously though, you're going to love .30 cal-it really is a great caliber! Almost there with the wait...

Sean