• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RAW REPORT

"Kdog"Well My RAW non AIR FORCE TM1000 .177 was delivered today,,made to my specs exactly as i wanted it,,,lol. This rifle will be used for HFT and is set up shooting 19ft lbs. I deliberately made it as light as possible and it balances and shoulders nicely for off hand shots. The walnut stock has some nice figure in it and i really like the thumbhole stock. I ordered the poly and regular LW barrels and will be testing both of these this spring. Threw a Bushnell 4200 6-24x scope on it and its a nice weight with this particular scope,,,,will try a few others on it as well. As promised heres a few pics.
xPItuiS.jpg

fibFPp6.jpg

4FoVP0A.jpg

dTNOgRc.jpg

BsjP7U8.jpg

NH3TFil.jpg

5TQsKnc.jpg

yBsyotR.jpg

Ybxyf36.jpg
Really, really beautiful gun! Congrats! I will be interested to hear your comparison between the two barrels’ accuratresults.

I have been having this same discussion with my buddy (but in .25 cal) for the past couple weeks as he is talking to AZ and hearing that shooting the standard LW barrel in the mid to low 800’s will give Best results. Knowing Allen, I’m not surprised by the comments. I just don’t know whether he’s given the polygon barrel a fair, thorough chance after having years of experience with LW barrels. Please don’t take this the wrong way or start any rumors regarding AZ-that’s not my point. I will be testing both of mine back to back (at the higher power settings), and am curious to hear your results too.

Sean

"Salticon"
ea5fe07870c94c8f2e57e03ca507ed1f.jpg

You guys kill me! Assuming the worst!...lol
Martin is a pretty smart businessman, and he actually loves product he produces. He wouldn’t make any changes if it was going to sacrifice build quality and his reputation.
Anyway... Fresh customer .25 LRT came in yesterday, i let it roll around in the back of my truck for a day, 1st 100 yards group, the left hole is the first shot for wind dope. 1” target...lol
60ef4292bac4fb51d7d1622be7b4673a.jpg

Awesome result! Beautiful gun! Is that the .25 cal polygon barrel? What pellet (I’m assuming the heavies, but Mk I or Mk II)?

I agree with your comments regarding Martin. I was actually thinking about posting and just saying ‘Guys, Martin has earned our respect through his awesome service, product and overall experience-I think we owe him the benefit of the doubt to hear out this decision he has made and assume things will be as good, and likely better than they are now. Perhaps he has technology to glean from AF that can be incorporated into new RAW products.’

Sean

KDOG i notice thers no safety on your rifle ,,is that a option or does the tm come like that ,,the red black 25 is nice i ordered the identical one 2 months to go and its ready perfect for the weather change couldnt tell if that one had a 480 or 280 cc bottle still looks nice i was looking at kens site nice eye candy good site hope he gets the man to offer up laser engraving pat

Kdog and salticon thanks for posting pics, one thing I have noticed is how Walnut can look so different in different lighting situations, I expect it from Laminated stocks but not really from solids..
UPS shows my .30 should be here Friday but I’m not relying on it, fingers crossed.......
On another side note it kinda sounds like Martin and Sandra will still be in the loop and the crew will keep building special order RAWs for customers, hope I’m piecing the puzzle together right....AF = Theoben line up and non custom RAWs.

"Hynzie"does the AZTEC offer a larger wheel or can you find a universal to fit i seen a big one some vid on a RAW and the guy was using lefty mags
It comes with a bigger 4 inch wheel but won’t work with left hand mags, the only way it would work is if you mounted the scope really far back or forward and that ain’t happening, definitely need right side mags to use a bigger parallax wheel or hand load from right side and that’s where a SST would be nice.

"Imold"Now I’m thinking right hand mags for the 30 so I can install the bigger parallax wheel or maybe find someone who doesn’t like their right hand mags and trade hmmmm yep I have a addiction all right.

No addiction problem there I have 4 right hand magazines and 1 left one for my 30.
And before you ask no I dont want to trade. LOL

Weighed my TM yesterday and it came in at a stealthy 9lbs with the Bushnell 4200 6-24x. I'm happy with that and the way it shoulders and feels.

When people talk about RAW airguns there weight always comes up as a negative. For my rifle I purposely tried to make it as light as possible leaving out a few things that perhaps I would have gotten if it was more for bench shooting not field target.

Just thought I'd throw this info out there that you can get a RAW in a lighter configuration if you really wanted it.

Kdog
I agree with you. For the weight these things shoulder very well. It shoulders better than my break barrel. After playing with these I really don't care about the weight of these guns. Weight are only numbers. But when you shoot these rifles, they make their own stats and numbers.
I talked to Jim one day over at precision airgun supply. He also stated that the weight helps these air guns. Never thought it would help much since its not a center fire. So weight can be a good thing.