• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RAW REPORT

"intenseaty22"OK. At the risk of making this thread even longer :)
Is this like the longest thread here, or what? Is there a price being given out? 
In other news: Michael just posted that RAW is “Joining” Air Force? I wonder whom will elevave whom? 
We now return you to the regularly scheduled program.
What?!?! Should I be happy, or afraid? What does that mean for the guns we’ve come to love???

Sean

"SMH77"You guys living in AZ and down south don’t get to enjoy waking up to this beautiful scene!
1451ce7f3991f17a7079beb2fe11093c.jpg

True enough we only get to wake up to stuff like this.

Sunrise over my pool while it was being built a couple years ago.

Or this on my way to work one morning.

NOT TO RUB IT IN OR ANYTHING. :)

I will listen with intrigue.
However one of the things I really respect about RAW has been the personal 
attention given to each gun by Martin and his team, if that changes it fear it will not be the same.
Small companies tend to have a better handle on quality (if that i a priority for them) than big companies, even if it is a jump from 8 to 40.

I have sold 2 FX guns even though they shoot well, but the attention to detail was never there.

"terrymc"I will listen with intrigue.
However one of the things I really respect about RAW has been the personal 
attention given to each gun by Martin and his team, if that changes it fear it will not be the same.
Small companies tend to have a better handle on quality (if that i a priority for them) than big companies, even if it is a jump from 8 to 40.
I have sold 2 FX guns even though they shoot well, but the attention to detail was never there.
Precisely my concern as well. Well stated.

One of the reasons I selected RAW (originally) was because they were willing to make a stock for me, with the LOP I requested-right from the factory. I was willing to wait for it. I'm guessing that level of customization will be out the door-or a 'custom shop' will be spawned, and the 'regular' RAW can be produced on a production line somewhere.

Sean

I will be honest with y’all. I have never liked RAW rifles. I’m sure they are the premier quality built air powered lead slinging instruments. But they are not for me, not my style, seem huge and obtuse, Ugly as can be, except for some gorgeous works of art, that again are way too big. And darn expensive. Most guns seem to big for anything other than Bench. I’m sure you can hunt with them, but there doesn’t seem to be anything like a smaller frame hunter or a bullpup. 
That being said. I almost wish I owned an “soon to be Original” mass production almost always will suffer some quality control issues. Time will tell I guess. I think the originals will be collectors items worth a pretty penny. 

I wonder what is going to be done about service, I mean we for the most part all relied on calling Martin for info on our RAWs, sure there are a few guys out there that have the knowledge to answer our question and you know who you are so no need to mention names until this gets figured out, I kinda feel abandoned with my RAWs now, I’m sure AF will do a good job on keeping up the quality that Martin put into these rifles but being mass produced kinda takes away from the reason most of us payed the money for one of these fine Airguns. I do own a Texan 45 and it is a nice Airgun so that’s a plus now if they came out with one with a mag it would be even better. I guess Martin and Sandra did their due diligence in picking AF and I hope the quality and service stays the same, AF has some big shoes to fill now and I hope they do it right.

Ok Sandra just called me from Shot show we had a good talk,,, Martin's going to continue in Tennessee ,,,just like he always has... everybod,y they're going to continue that way as way I understood it,,, needed a little bit of help making some of the parts to meet demand,,,they will continue to do what they do best building premium air rifles

Reactions: mister12ax7
So happy that I just talked to talk to Sandra what a relief to know that theyre going to continue to do work in Tennessee... for me it's just not buying a air rifle.. its the whole experience,, getting to talk to Sandra Martin finding out what's best for me,,shooting the s;;t with you guys learning stuff,,the comraderie.. I know theres other guys out there that think the same,,, we'll all agree that it's huge for us to be able to talk to the maker of my rifles,,, okay I feel a lot better

"Imold"I wonder what is going to be done about service, I mean we for the most part all relied on calling Martin for info on our RAWs, sure there are a few guys out there that have the knowledge to answer our question and you know who you are so no need to mention names until this gets figured out, I kinda feel abandoned with my RAWs now, I’m sure AF will do a good job on keeping up the quality that Martin put into these rifles but being mass produced kinda takes away from the reason most of us payed the money for one of these fine Airguns. I do own a Texan 45 and it is a nice Airgun so that’s a plus now if they came out with one with a mag it would be even better. I guess Martin and Sandra did their due diligence in picking AF and I hope the quality and service stays the same, AF has some big shoes to fill now and I hope they do it right.
If its any indication, look at the example Martin has set in supporting Theoben for years now-after Theoben when away. I think he has proven he will make a way to support his product-I bet that is a personal goal of his through this transition.

My guess is that Theoben gets manufactured by AF now (and maybe even the ‘standard’ (non-customized RAW’s as well), and Martin’s operation becomes the ‘Custom Shop’, for non standard stuff (at higher cost, and longer lead times). Think ‘Anschutz’ and the ‘Anschutz Custom Shop’ arrangement. If that’s the case, then all may be ok...

Then the ‘Custom shop’ Can do R&D also.

Sean

"SMH77"
"Imold"I wonder what is going to be done about service, I mean we for the most part all relied on calling Martin for info on our RAWs, sure there are a few guys out there that have the knowledge to answer our question and you know who you are so no need to mention names until this gets figured out, I kinda feel abandoned with my RAWs now, I’m sure AF will do a good job on keeping up the quality that Martin put into these rifles but being mass produced kinda takes away from the reason most of us payed the money for one of these fine Airguns. I do own a Texan 45 and it is a nice Airgun so that’s a plus now if they came out with one with a mag it would be even better. I guess Martin and Sandra did their due diligence in picking AF and I hope the quality and service stays the same, AF has some big shoes to fill now and I hope they do it right.
If its any indication, look at the example Martin has set in supporting Theoben for years now-after Theoben when away. I think he has proven he will make a way to support his product-I bet that is a personal goal of his through this transition.
My guess is that Theoben gets manufactured by AF now (and maybe even the ‘standard’ (non-customized RAW’s as well), and Martin’s operation becomes the ‘Custom Shop’, for non standard stuff (at higher cost, and longer lead times). Think ‘Anschutz’ and the ‘Anschutz Custom Shop’ arrangement. If that’s the case, then all may be ok...
Then the ‘Custom shop’ Can do R&D also.
Sean

I hope that is the case.
At minimum have Tennessee service the customers willing to pay for the custom build whether it is a custom shop or just RAW as we know it with 
some parts made by A.F. instead of in-house.

To me there is nothing on the market that is in the same catagory as the RAW.
Yes there is Mac1, and Thomas at the even higher price point but nothing against them but they leave me cold.
Too much finely machined metal (that sounds like an oxymoron) and not enough wood interface. 
They lean over that balance of function and form.
I want my gun to function beautifully and look good while doing it.

And we all love the options given when ordering, custom stock, Poly barrel vs. LW or an american made barrel,
Field trigger setup or bench trigger, you want a titanium cylinder, or do you want a bottle on that TM.
Oh you want a TM stock and bottle on an HM1000 not a problem we can do!
That is what defines RAW!

Oh yeah, and one last thing. 
If it does go to production oriented, then the prices better reflect that as we 
are paying for all these things, not a gun made in an assembly line.

Well My RAW non AIR FORCE TM1000 .177 was delivered today,,made to my specs exactly as i wanted it,,,lol. This rifle will be used for HFT and is set up shooting 19ft lbs. I deliberately made it as light as possible and it balances and shoulders nicely for off hand shots. The walnut stock has some nice figure in it and i really like the thumbhole stock. I ordered the poly and regular LW barrels and will be testing both of these this spring. Threw a Bushnell 4200 6-24x scope on it and its a nice weight with this particular scope,,,,will try a few others on it as well. As promised heres a few pics.

xPItuiS.jpg

fibFPp6.jpg

4FoVP0A.jpg

dTNOgRc.jpg

BsjP7U8.jpg

NH3TFil.jpg

5TQsKnc.jpg

yBsyotR.jpg

Ybxyf36.jpg

ea5fe07870c94c8f2e57e03ca507ed1f.jpg

You guys kill me! Assuming the worst!...lol

Martin is a pretty smart businessman, and he actually loves product he produces. He wouldn’t make any changes if it was going to sacrifice build quality and his reputation.

Anyway... Fresh customer .25 LRT came in yesterday, i let it roll around in the back of my truck for a day, 1st 100 yards group, the left hole is the first shot for wind dope. 1” target...lol
60ef4292bac4fb51d7d1622be7b4673a.jpg