RAW REPORT

Hurry up and wait...right Craig hahaha...Guess they can’t control what happens from their suppliers, so far it’s been a damaged batch of actions and a couple month delay in some Laminated wood then there was the milling machine breaking down and them having to fix it so I guess a person can’t get to upset, you ordered yours a week before mine but also in my case Martin had cut that Special ordered blue Laminated blank into a RH Thumbhole stock by mistake so I got very very lucky or else they wouldn’t of had what I wanted, they told me that they couldn’t get that color again, they Special Ordered 2 blanks for a different customer and cut the one stock and Martin forgot to reprogram the mill and cut the other one out by mistake....guess what I’m saying is since they had mine cut already I figured it would speed up the build but I guess not it stayed in line with all the other orders which in reality is the way it should be.......No cutting in line hahaha......Well I’ll just wait some more I guess.

Wow, milling machine went down also, I did not know that one. Then throw EBR into the mix and we try to move forward from there.

I knew going into this purchase that there would be a wait involved. Really, the great reports from others and the video showing "just down to earth people" had sold me on this device with this company.

I did not buy it because of the quick turnaround as I have never seen that advertised. I'm paying a premium for a hi quality product and sometime that just takes a little extra time. As I said earlier I'll just try to put it out of my mind and when my gun is ready she will call. At that point I'll be sitting at the front door 24/7.

Craig

"crgabel"Wow, milling machine went down also, I did not know that one. Then throw EBR into the mix and we try to move forward from there.

I knew going into this purchase that there would be a wait involved. Really, the great reports from others and the video showing "just down to earth people" had sold me on this device with this company.

I did not buy it because of the quick turnaround as I have never seen that advertised. I'm paying a premium for a hi quality product and sometime that just takes a little extra time. As I said earlier I'll just try to put it out of my mind and when my gun is ready she will call. At that point I'll be sitting at the front door 24/7.

Craig
I believe it was a milling machine or a lathe but that was in late June I believe and the actions was late July or August and the Laminate was late August early September but like I say...Man made things due brake once in awhile....
I bought mine because I like the look and it’s made in the USA and when I saw the new HMx advertised as regulated at 130ft/lbs I knew I wanted it for yotes and shooting steel targets, I have a few other airguns I can shoot so it’s not like I’m sitting here with nothing plus I just ordered a .25 Patriot WC from Austin so all is good for now.

"Hotbrass"Did not know of this information. Thanks for the update.
Just trying to keep pertinent information going, some people will sit and mark the days and if they are told 12-14 weeks and they don’t get a call from RAW saying their RAW is done they get all bent out of shape and start whining and don’t take into consideration that RAW is a very small group of folks that build a top notch Airgun from ground up and things happen.
I think anyone that calls RAW and orders a rifle from them should know that it might be longer then 12-14 weeks, if they want one right away they should just find one at a dealer or on a forum classified sales thread and just order it as is and go from there...If they don’t have a PCP they can just buy a cheaper one and use that while they wait...

Jim,

Should add that it’s also nice to know that your Airgun will only be in a cardboard box for 3-5 day or a bit more depending on where you live and not 4-8 months on a shelf collecting dust bunnies waiting to be sold..
What realy put me over the edge besides the 130ft/lbs to buy the RAW was the video Steve put up with the tour of RAW and everyone that works there and handles your gun from start to finale packaging...Kudos to Martin,Sandra and the gang...

"Hynzie"Also you can call and talk to the man who made your rifle no problem at all these people are the best when it comes to information I bought that products that know the ins and outs and Martin and Sandra always happy and polite to talk with you
Something you can’t do with a manufacturer, there you get a rep or associate not the one who actually made it with their own hands with the exception of a couple other small builders.

Ok guys, I have 5-6 weeks before my HMx is completed. I have been in contact with a few RAW owners on this forum. Something has come up that completely slipped my mind. That is, which side magazines do I want. I was thinking left side load, then thought if I want to carry the gun on my right side I might bump the magazine. Right side load will the lever be in the way? Any thoughts, comments, reason/s why you chose R/L side loading?

"Hotbrass"Ok guys, I have 5-6 weeks before my HMx is completed. I have been in contact with a few RAW owners on this forum. Something has come up that completely slipped my mind. That is, which side magazines do I want. I was thinking left side load, then thought if I want to carry the gun on my right side I might bump the magazine. Right side load will the lever be in the way? Any thoughts, comments, reason/s why you chose R/L side loading?
I like right side just because of my 40 plus years of shooting rifle mainly bolt actions so it a memory thing for me, I’m one of those left handed people who shoot right handed due to right eye dominant, I load mags for my handguns from my left side so with the left side mag feed this shouldn’t be a issue for me I hope but then I have no choice with the HMx .357, left side feed only, Martin has not made a right side mag for that being its a bigger action then his other style of Airguns but I think if he gets enough callings for a right side mag for the .357 he might try to do it just like the SST he doesn’t have one for the .357...
If I order a HMx in .25 from him next year I will go with right hand feed being its just more natural for me.
Another reason to go right side feed/ magazine is to give enough room for a bigger wheel on the scope for Bench and FT shooters.