• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RAW Regulator Behavior

111B20A4-32CD-4C04-8B32-5DBE61B8DAAF.png

I believe you know the regulators job is to fill the plenum to it's set point, once the guns reservoir drops below the regs set point is where one will get inconsistent plenum pressures but the RAW's plenum should not bleed out per-say that I have heard of unless an o'ring is leaking.

Reactions: Gear_Junkie
View attachment 304861
I believe you know the regulators job is to fill the plenum to it's set point, once the guns reservoir drops below the regs set point is where one will get inconsistent plenum pressures but the RAW's plenum should not bleed out per-say that I have heard of unless an o'ring is leaking.
Thank you! Have you personally confirmed that the receiver bottom plug o-ring listed above is correct? It just seems a little big, but I confess I haven't pulled it apart yet.

And I do think you are right about the leaking o-ring... I was just hoping otherwise :( I ordered all of the o-rings for the reg, and the one for the bottom plug. Now I just need to rebuild it and hope for the best.

Thanks again!

I’ve seen it both ways, probably depends on the condition of ur reg seal.

I’ve seen it drain completely after I pulled the bottle. And I also seen it retain the air in plenum. As I went to remove the reg, it just didn’t feel right. Didn’t loosen as it would normally. So it can happen. Dry firing fixed the problem.

Zack,
With regulators that have a very high quality & good condition Internal seat/seals, they will hold plenum pressure even tho air pressure in HP side of system becomes zero.
Only when you cycle action and shoot it ( Empty ideally ) and plenum pressure drops under set point will you suddenly get a WHOSH of air pass threw the reg and back out the intake side as plenum pressure collapses.

Now regs that won't hold in the plenum charge as HP side is drained or bottle removed ... are telling there quality of seal is not ideal.

Thanks
Zack,
With regulators that have a very high quality & good condition Internal seat/seals, they will hold plenum pressure even tho air pressure in HP side of system becomes zero.
Only when you cycle action and shoot it ( Empty ideally ) and plenum pressure drops under set point will you suddenly get a WHOSH of air pass threw the reg and back out the intake side as plenum pressure collapses.

Now regs that won't hold in the plenum charge as HP side is drained or bottle removed ... are telling there quality of seal is not ideal.
Thanks for the explanation Scott. Let me make sure I understand, as I can be pretty dense when it comes to understanding this stuff... Say I shoot the gun down to 10 - 20 BAR BELOW the reg set point. If I remove the bottle, the reg SHOULD still hold air, right?

Thanks!