• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RAW moderator question

I have a raw hm1000x in 30 cal. It's the one with the offset moderator. The gun is pretty loud and I called raw to see if they could install their new style moderator and they said no problem but I'd like some feedback on anyone that has this gun is the new style moderator that much quieter than the offset one or should I just stick with the one I have. Thanks in advance

I don't know anything about the new style moderator, except that it looks like a car muffler. Did you talk with Martin in TN? He can put one of the older style moderators on, which I believe is better than the offset style. If I were buying another RAW, I would ask Martin to build a slip-on muzzle adapter with standard 1/2 X 20 threads, as Steyr does, then choose from anything available.

I second what elh0102 said. Or as an alternative shoot an email to Neil Clague - [email protected]

I have experience with the OEM RAW (pre-AF) moderator on my .30 cal gun, the offset AF moderator on my .25 cal gun, and now the Neil Clague custom on my .25 cal RAW.

Personally I won't fool around with any Air Force OEM moderators any more, not when there are excellent alternatives as listed above (and probably others). In OEM configuration my .25 HM1000X was much louder than my .30 HM1000X. Now wearing the Neil Clague moderator, it is quieter than the .30 cal gun (as it should have been in the first place), and seems a touch more accurate as well.

Neil's moderator is on the red one. He can do a CF finish one as well but he only had the metal in stock when I ordered mine so that's what I chose.

IMG_1797.1630351520.JPG