• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Raw/Impact Owners

I have been thinking about my impact a lot lately and was wondering if anyone that had had both, currently have both or have shot both and know. Can the raw keep up with the imapct accuracy wise and slightly power side? I like the impact but getting tired of all the extras I really enjoy the hobby and we all know it's a deep dark hole but I find myself getting sucked into the hype and needing the new liners, sleeves, transfer ports, power plenum, 720 plenum, power block, tungsten hammer, and that's not including the k&l and Saber stuff. Than I am thinking where will it leak from next or will my c1 come loose again and throw my tune. I know nothing with touch it for tune ability but I kind of just want to set it and shoot I am not a competition shooter but practice on a bench but I hunt and pest. Any input on the raw side would be greatly appreciated.
20230122_113641.jpg
20230122_120622.jpg
20230122_120807.jpg
20230122_121247.jpg
20230122_122502.jpg

Last edited:
I have a m3 and a few daystates which I feel is in the same class as the raw as far as tuning and accuracy are concerned and enjoy them all for what they are and how they function. You need to keep in mind what you plan to use your pcps for. For pesting most of your targets will be small animals which won’t need a great deal of power to dispatch at long range even and paper certainly doesn’t care how hard it is hit. I would suggest you get a raw if funds permit and keep the fx and enjoy what both can give you cause if you dump the fx at some point you’ll wish you still had it

The only FX rifle I have owned in the "adjustamatic" category was a Crown. I've owned a couple of RAW rifles, probably 8 or 10 years. IMO, there is no comparison, and in favor of the RAW, an F150 compared to a Yugo. The RAW is simple, robust, great trigger and totally dependable, none of which I found in the FX. The only FX product I now own is a Royale, which is the only FX platform I could recommend. Yes, my opinion is biased, but based on personal experience. It is, just my opinion, worth what it costs.

Reactions: grackleblast
I have a m3 and a few daystates which I feel is in the same class as the raw as far as tuning and accuracy are concerned and enjoy them all for what they are and how they function. You need to keep in mind what you plan to use your pcps for. For pesting most of your targets will be small animals which won’t need a great deal of power to dispatch at long range even and paper certainly doesn’t care how hard it is hit. I would suggest you get a raw if funds permit and keep the fx and enjoy what both can give you cause if you dump the fx at some point you’ll wish you still had it
Sorry I should have specified this will take my 100y hunting spot which the impact currently has I have other guns and calibers for other purposes. See original post I will update with my rigs and I shoot off a Tripod in the field.

Raw vs Impact M3
I have Both Impact M3 and a a Raw Bm 500 will out shoot the Impact all day long
Remember the Raw BM 500 .177 is a True Benchrest rifle
And the Impact M3 is a Bullpup
No comparison
Den
What's the chassis design have to do with it ?
There's "bullpup", sniper rifles out there being shot !!
So again...show us your expertise.

Mike

So I’ve owned both at the same time. , tuned them both for nsa 20gr slugs. (I’ve since gotten rid of the impact for a WC BT.)

The impact has the raw on power, efficiency and if you keep it with a shorter barrel and no bells and whistles…it wins in weight too.

I’d say accuracy was a tossup, however, the raw is more dependable with the accuracy. What I mean by that….it could sit in the safe for weeks, pull it out, first shot would be on target at 70y. no question.

The raw has a much better trigger, is a lot more sturdy. But is also heavier and longer. You will also have to run higher reg pressures to get similar power. And overall less power is available.

Reactions: Chuck-in-Ohio
The RAW is definitely heavier, but they are solidly simple, on target every shot, built like tanks, the triggers are incredible, etc. my FX rifles are a joy to own and deadly accurate, too. But the RAW and FX are too different beasts.

Btw- I have RAW’s in both wood and chassis stocks. To hunt with, I would definitely pick the chassis version. My chassis system is a magpul upgrade, not the own version. Solid but much lighter in weight than the wood stock versions.

I have M3 and HM1000X in .22 and .25.

I have modified both.

Out of box, RAW is much superior in reliability and the trigger of RAW is among the best triggers.

I dislike Impact trigger to the extent that I have redesigned Impact's trigger and now it is very close to RAW trigger.

Some more videos may be found on my same YouTube channel.

Regards,

Umair Bhaur

So I’ve owned both at the same time. , tuned them both for nsa 20gr slugs. (I’ve since gotten rid of the impact for a WC BT.)

The impact has the raw on power, efficiency and if you keep it with a shorter barrel and no bells and whistles…it wins in weight too.

I’d say accuracy was a tossup, however, the raw is more dependable with the accuracy. What I mean by that….it could sit in the safe for weeks, pull it out, first shot would be on target at 70y. no question.

The raw has a much better trigger, is a lot more sturdy. But is also heavier and longer. You will also have to run higher reg pressures to get similar power. And overall less power is available.
100 percent agreement with the above post.

Very good summation.

Like everyone said above about weight, barrel, consistency with a RAW. Just helped my friend tune his M3 Sniper in .22 and with his reg set @ 80 bar we were slinging 18gr @ 980fps, M3 has tons of power on tap with just a few quick external adjustments and is very air efficient. The .22 RAW is a 50ft/lb gun out of the box but is not nearly as efficient with air out of the box, with that said, with a HDD and lower reg pressure, a RAW can be become very efficient and with Mbhaur's external plenum, just as powerful. Both are excellent shooters but different platforms, depends on your requirements. The RAW definitely is built more vault like especially the poly barrel but FX has many barrel options. Cannot go wrong with either in my humble opinion.

I have both, to me they play different roles.

The impact is my play gun fun and accurate easy to change up for different calibers, speeds, projectiles etc.

The Raw is more my serious gun, very accurate, consistent, a solid gun! Not much to go wrong with them. Is my go to gun if I want to shoot for score at 50 or 100yds. I have a Bm500 for 25m

Want to mention both guns are .25 caliber but the impact came from SPAW as a new .177.

how would you rate the impact .177 accuracy at 25 meters and at
I have both, to me they play different roles.

The impact is my play gun fun and accurate easy to change up for different calibers, speeds, projectiles etc.

The Raw is more my serious gun, very accurate, consistent, a solid gun! Not much to go wrong with them. Is my go to gun if I want to shoot for score at 50 or 100yds. I have a Bm500 for 25m

Want to mention both guns are .25 caliber but the impact came from SPAW as a new .177.
how would you rate the impact .177 at 25 meters and at 50 yards..... would you buy the same gun again as to accuracy wise