• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RAW HM1000 / BM500 Tuning

I have the 500bm with thimble.
​I index my barrel in different ways for different things.
​I can spin the barrel to get best groups. or I can spin it to be inline with the scope. parrell to it.
​the thimble serves a few different applacations,.

​u can spin your barrel 2 4 8 or 1o in increasements.
​I like to rotate my barrel in the 8s or 10s.

​gresdor.. did u ever use a raw with thimble?

FX Crown was designed up front as a gun that can be adjusted to users wants even if you wind up with something less accurate than the factory sent it out as.
The RAW's are as other have said are factory tuned each tested before they leave by One person, Martin.
I have shot a couple off the bench and they are fantastic shooters.

If yours are not do as Hynzie recommended and contact Marin or Mark.

Every gun will shoot different pellets differently. It has to be tuned if u want to win matches. Even the same kind of pellet has different lots / head sizes. It is unbelievable that there are only three people who can work on these simple machines.

I have already built a barrel tuner that has made a big difference in shot consistency. And I want to learn even more about adjustments to further make this gun shoot consistent shot to shot.

JR

Call RAW. All there is is simply a hammer spring adjustment and you can adjust the reg somehow but not sure that's all you would need to know. Hammer spring adjustment is simple in the back there's a Allen hole CW increases tension CCW decreases. Reg pressure not sure and honestly wouldn't mess with it. Not sure you would need to do otherwise. 

No one ever said only 3 people can work on them. Just nobody ever feels the need to as usually they shoot great and are tuned by RAW before they leave. There simple guns as you said it's not hard to figure it out.

I asked the question "What do you mean by being tuned?" is I was wondering what you were after. Some may want a hunter some may want a gun to shoot competition.
Like others said above the hammer is as easy as tweaking it in and out. The regulator is almost identical as the FX regulator in the video above. RAW uses an o-ring under the brass knurled wheel that needs to be spaced as well. If you are switching weights of pellets and truly want it "tuned" Martin can swap barrels that shoot well with that specific pellet.
RAW is a simple gun. Sure everything can be polished, but the darn thing shoots good as is. Martin touches all of them. Not a lot of issues with the gun so they don't need to be sent to guys for repair. Most just call RAW to have it addressed. Try calling FX........ I can't even get an email returned.
I own both brands so I don't want you to think I'm a fan boy to either but here is how I equate them. RAW as a Porsche. Very reliable high performance gun. Just hop in it as a daily driver/shooter. FX is a Ferrari. They are high performance but need tuning more often. FX fully adjustable guns have more moving parts and o-rings. They are also the most innovative.
Everybody has an opinion on guns that is why we have so many different models. I see FX guns being sold to buy a RAW and vice versa.