RAW HM 1000x .25 or .30 for 100 yards and beyond?

30 cal-
In RAW-Martins defense for lead times being long. He is building you a custom rifle. I am on the list for a .30 to go along with my .25 and .357. Both have Walnut thumbhole stocks and all three will have the economical AEON 8-32 x 50 Mil dot scopes on them. I have a brand new one here waiting for the .30 HM1000X. RAW creates an incredible rifle that is fun to shoot and deadly accurate at long distances. Well worth the wait.....If you can not wait contact Scott "travels for fun" for dealer info.
Cheers!! Hunter

Hi Hunter. Thanks for the affirmation. The fact that the gun will be custom made is one of the main reasons I want it. It seems like it may be just a little nicer overall than the more mainstream competitors. I also like the long heritage it has from the old Rapids. A well seasoned and refined design. Also seems to be an excellent value especially for US customers with no import duty and associated costs added. If these were imported from Europe they would probably be a $2,500. plus gun. Also the consistency of the shot strings look amazing from what I have read.

Of your .25 and .357 do you have a favorite for long range target shooting?

"manabeknives"Found it to be quite accurate with a variety of pellets from Crossman premiers to H&N Barracudas, but the one pellet I found to be most accurate was the JSB's 18.1g with a 5.53 head....My barrels a 22.
I do tend to keep my barrels clean...using cleaning patches every 500 shots

Michael you've been getting great results with this rifle! Would you share your barrel-cleaning protocol?

Thanks

Kim

Kim
I run a dry patch through the barrel using a pull-thru device called a Crown-Saver every 100 rounds. I will use a wet patch soaked in Ultra bore cleaner every 500 rounds. I like keeping my barrels very clean.
Crown Savers can be purchased at Mac 1 Airgun Shop
here's a link
http://www.mac1airgunshop.com/jl-crown-saver-p/jlcs.htm

I'm now interested in a HM1000x, thanks to .30cal's review, but I'm torn between .25 and .30 caliber. leaning towards .25 because of ammo cost and variety. but having a .30 would be nice for thumping groundhogs(I know that the .25 will do well also but some extra ft-lbs. would be nice. However, these rifles are custom made to order and I'm curious as to what kind of velocity loss I'd have if I were to take 4-5 inches off to reduce the overall length. I'd eventually like to use this rifle for hunting and a 48" rifle isn't going to make or break the deal, but shortening it to 43-44" sure would help.

Ezer, I have the standard 25 Cal HM (not the X) shortened to an OAL of 45". Shortening the barrel will lower the available top end velocity some, but I can still easily get 40 FT LBS even with the lower velocity valve and spring. I'm sure Martin can tell you what the top end will be on an X with a shorter barrel if you ask him. I can tell you I am very happy with my decision to shorten the barrel. I prefer shorter rifles, and I couldn't come to grips with one 47 or 48 inches long unless it was going to be purely a bench gun. I may order one of those from Martin this year with a longer barrel and a target stock, but the one I have now is deadly accurate with the shorter barrel. 

learned the sharpie trick on my FX 😝 I was wondering if the moderator was removable, it maybe doable. I sent Martin and email, we'll see what he says, if I could get the OAL down to 44" and tune up for 900 FPS with 25.4 JSBs and still get 35-40 shots id be happy... if I could bring the OAL to 40" and get 850 fps I'd be extremely happy:)

I'll bounce my ideas off the guy making the rifles, he'll know best