• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RAW.30 In the house!

Hi guys,monday my RAW HM 1000x .30 arrived @the dealer luchtbuks.com;
http://www.luchtbuks.com/
as soon as i heared it, i jumped in my car to pick him up,and it is a beauty;

I fitted my IOR 6-24x50 scope and Atlas bipod,and today to the range(indoor)for some testing/setting my scope @ a distance of 100m
And i ame a verry happy man,check out some of the results;

These are five shot groups shot @ 100m , the one euro coin measure's 0,866 inches.
The bull(11p) 0,433 inches,the first ring(10p)1,181inches.

Ime a verry happy man,this can only get better!

Grtz Ric

Hi guy's,thanx,this is indeed a kick ass airgun!
On all points,the build quality,the stock,the grip,the trigger,the carbonfiber botle and last but not least the performance,Martin shure did created a marvelous Airgun.
Ihave owned some verry fine airguns,AAS510.25,FX Cutlas.22,Airwolf CDT.22 and so on, the last two years i shot the 100m competion with a FX Boss witch is a verry good Airgun,it has proven himself al arround the world in several competion.

Well i say,the RAW is better,i think this is gonna show during the Extreme BR competion 2015,and in the Dutch 100m competion,mark my words!

I shot some verry nice results with my Boss and with me some other Boss shooters as well in the 100m competion.
We are shooting in the+25cal aka bigbore class and we have to compeed against airguns that shoots sollids(Sinner,Beaumont.308) they have dominated the class the past few years and a specialy this year .The only pellet gun that mennage a win was the Boss and several podiumplaces to no other gun came close.A Wolverine ,on time menaged first place with the smallest group of the day,0.472 inches.
We have prices for first, second and thirth place in the smalbore class and bigbore class and one price for the smallest group of the day overal.

The 28'st of this month we have our next match,and we are gonna see several shooters competing with a RAW,myself included.
And my expectations for the RAW shooters are verry high!
Ime pretty shure there gonna do better than the Boss,witch is as i sayed before a verry good gun!

PS Mike congrats with youre impresiff results during the extreme Benchrest of Arizona 2014,shooting a .22 cal gun outdoor and taking thirth place @75yards against.30cal guns verry nice,and of course youre win @25m,tumbs up!
This year you have to go for a win in the pro class,if Martin is smart he will give you a .30 RAW to compeed in the AOA Extreme benchrest...

Grtz Ric

"30cal"Damn! I am SO excited to get mine after seeing and hearing this post! I have a HM1000x in .25 cal. with the walnut TH stock and carbon fiber bottle ordered. Looks just like that! I hope my stock is as gorgeous as yours. Man that's a beautiful gun! And thoses groups WOW! The wait is killin me! Thanks for posting!
Hi thanx,
i hate waiting myself,but in this case it is totally 100% worth waiting for.

Hope you get yours soon,but as i sayed its worth...

Grtz Ric

"hunterroark"Ric-
Very nice Walnut on that .30. Waiting for mine. I have a .25 HM1000X and the .357 HM1000X- Both perfect. I have nothing but Great things to say about Martin, his wife and the RAW buying experience. No one even comes close to there customer service. Hunter
Hi thanx Hunter,
over here is Mr Joost van Gerven from http://luchtbuks.com/nl the representif of RAW same deal with Joost as with Martin,exellent buying experience, beautyful nice wife(Marina) and verry good customer service,a total package just as the RAW!
Ime shure that.30 is just as good as youre two other RAW's!

Grtz Ric

Thanks for the photos wilfried!

Can someone coment on the ergonomics of these guns? Particularly the thumbhole stocks. They look very comfortable but I have heard very little about this. Lots of info on accuracy and mechanical smoothness and build quality but little on ergonomics. I'm interested in cheek weld, scope alignment, weight balance etc. Also can this gun use low scope rings with a 42-44 mm scope?

Congrats on getting an outstanding rifle, and using it to good effect! TN has some nice tree's and RAW makes them look great. I have the standard HM1000 .22 , cant find a darn thing to complain about. Fit finish balance groups, all outstanding.

And it may just be me and terminology but the barrel is NOT a CF "wrap" (as in the tape wrap stuff some add for looks) but rather a carefully bonded CF tube which does greatly stiffin the barrel, you could also get one with a steel sleeve pressed over the barrel, or,... ... , everything about the RAW's is functional even if they do look great.
John 

Thanks for the post spysir. And for the clarification on the CF wrap/sleeve. RAW did tell me that it added some stiffness to the barrel and some weather resistance. I didn't realize however that it was a stiff tube bonded to the barrel. Even better!

Beautiful gun by the way! Thats an interesting scope mount setup you got there. Do you hunt with yours or mainly target shoot?