• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Range Finder recommendatation

HI I used a simmons 400 yard works fine I can sell it for $45 shipped , I upgraded it to a leica 1600 yard unit last year , which is a great unit , The leica also does baro , angles and temp , A range finder is really helpful when hunting with airgun a they drop alot ,I have used all kinds of range finders and few will actually range what they claim , I would say the best one I ever used is called Vectronix but a unit like the Leica and Vectronics are a bit of overkill for pcp guns , It is a good tool to have . and if you want to spend a bit more go with a true range or angled one , but even an entry one like the simmons works fine for this

LOU

My guess is MUCH longer range ability and more accurate. Also many of the more costly ones also serve well as binoculars.

Hunting groundhogs at longer ranges nice to have the expensive ones. Using strictly for air guns I don’t see the need

Agree. Seems that for air gun use only many of the rangefinders available would serve well. The bowhunting version seems like it might be well suited for airgunners. I have a compact Leica 1200. Fits in shirt pocket and will range deer/cattle on a clear day to nearly 1000 yards and larger or reflective targets well beyond 1200 yards. Certainly not needed for air gun use only but nice to have. I've read that the new Nikon Black is even better.

I have a Sig Sauer Kilo850 (lower end version) and I love it! I use it to sight in and hunt with. Has never let me down and it's very accurate. Pretty much hunting blind without it.

I would agree, Sig Saur Kilo range finders are the best money can buy. However, I like the Sig Saur Kilo 2200MR as its display is red colored which is very helpful when the ranging backgroud is dark, such as in trees etc. Display auto adjusts the brightness as per the ambient light. It has a built in angle compensation which is a must have feature when hunting long range.