• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Range day again?

For whatever reason I've been itching to go to the range. Even though I was just there 2 weeks ago. For those of you in SoCal you k own how it's been raining like it hasn't in years. Coming into this weekend it said two mote storms coming in. The second one is coming in Sunday and will be with us until Tuesday! 🥺 my range day is every other Monday and it does not look good. Mind you this range is also a 80 to 90 minutes each way! Then I remembered that one of my range days it was raining cats and dogs the morning of range day and the forecast was a little drizzle. By the time I made it to the range it was clear! Maybe I could chance it? Sunday I looked at the weather report and it did not look good.
Screenshot_20230115-184923_Chrome.jpg

But I forgot I had to get my gf's nephew's car running and it was towed to the front of the house this past monday! Boy this sucks.

20230115_164450.jpg

I did not get it done. It's MLK tomorrow maybe I can do it if I don't go to the range.

But it's possible that it could change right?
I packed my stuff Sunday night but could not load the car because of the downpour. 😢 it going to stop I know it will! Wake up at 5am and look at the weather report..

Screenshot_20230116-053426_Chrome.jpg

Look it's already getting better! Put everything in the car! Crap have to top off the tank too! Omw!

20230116_071944.jpg

Uh.. crap forgot targets. Turn around!
"It will get better, trust me!" As I keep saying to myself! Eh.. better take a look again just to see if it changed any!
Screenshot_20230116-080733_Chrome.jpg

Hasn't changed. But ot might be just drizzle down there! Yeah! Maybe, right? I think that the sun right? Yeah see it's getting better!

20230116_080356.jpg

Heys my off ramp.. see looking good!

20230116_080839.jpg

Oh oh what's that?
20230116_081401.jpg

20230116_082054.jpg

It says the road is closed! No! I won't take no for a answer! It's just a puddle! I drive through. Then another...
20230116_082257.jpg

Maybe I should have called to make sure they were open first....

20230116_082859.jpg

Yes they are and for some reason hardly anybody there! 😁
Oh wait we can't hang any targets? How come? Range master says " turn around and take a look."

20230116_084606.jpg

Apparently there was a river in front of the 50 yard targets that was larger and faster flowing. It's not as bad now but no acces to targets today. No biggie I'm at the range and there is basically only 4 other shooters here! 😁

And as you can see plenty of steel targets.

Allen

Last edited:
That was a mission!

Please don’t take it as preaching but please don’t load you car up the night before. All it takes is a random break in or the wrong person noticing you loading up a gun bag.

I recovered a bunch of stolen airguns a few years ago off of a Craigslist advertisement in San Diego. They had been stolen five years earlier from someone that did what you do.

Last edited:
Thanks part of the reason I go to this range is the abundance of steel targets to hit.

I would love to say that I shot like this the whole time but the majority of the time I had my moments where I'm questioning what was happening.

This is at 230 yards with the 38 gr NSA. I shot at 330 as well but the fog crept in and made it impossible to see at that distance til the afternoon.

Allen

Reactions: maxtrouble