• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Questions for you magnum & gas ram owners

I don't own any of the rifles in question, but I like Hawke mounts the most now. They stay put when properly installed. I use all the scope stop holes in the rifle between mounts if present. Like my Striker 1000x .22. Winchester mounts, but will get changed as money permits to Hawk mounts. I also use Hawke Weaver mounts on the newer rifles that have the welded Weaver rails.

1534426899_14974713135b757f135a6b78.28756529_IMG_4206.JPG

1534427045_6583970545b757fa55b7de1.04706167_IMG_5017.JPG

I use one piece mounts on all of my springers, I prefer Sportsmatch over BKL's and use them on my HW Rifles. My Diana's all have barrel droop, so besides the adjustable mounts which I tried and did not care for, that only leaves the RWS/Diana mounts and BKL's that I am aware of? I use the one piece BKL Droop mount for my Diana's, along with blue loctite on all the bolt threads and 3m friction tape on the scope rings. I will probably try the Bullseye at some point, seems the reviews were getting better with the newer versions, but I have not researched that as of late.

I don't have a "rammer", however I've recently (within the last few months) started using the UTG MNT-DTW145 Universal Dovetail To Picatinny/Weaver Adaptor along with the relatively cheap Weaver Quad lock rings on both my .177 HW95 and .177 Beeman R9. The UTG Universal mount is a one piece base with a design similar to the BKL one piece mount, however the UTG also comes with stop pins. The UTG mount doesn't slide on my HW95 receiver like the BKL one piece did and the Weaver quad Lock rings don't require the "friction tape lining" that I needed to keep the scope from sliding in the rings like the BKL .............

Here are some issues I had with the one piece BKL mount even when torquing the base screws to 40in/lbs (5 in/lbs over the BKL recommended max torque). LOL...at least the scope held firm in the rings after using electrical friction tape.....

Without friction tape in the BKL saddles...........

Anywhoo....I don't know if the UTG Universal mount would work for you but they do hold for me where the one piece BKL would slip and the narrow top straps of the two piece mounts would dent the scope tube using 15 in/lbs of screw torque while the scope would slip using 10 in/lbs of torque.........