• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Question on RAW HM1000X

Can one of you RAW owners confirm if the bolt probe is supposed to be able to rotate freely. I can spin it freely with my fingers. It seems to struggle with pellets from the magazines but shoots single shot loaded pellets extremely well. Very smooth. There seems to be a couple spots where probe hangs up a wee bit on running a pellet into chamber from mags.

Personal experience from pre AF RAW's, probe was firm or at least never noticed any rotation/looseness. I'm a single loader guy so the mags so that side didn't happen to me or at least don't recall it. 

Had several and the stuff I had never lived up to expectations but not for this reason.

For this, I would focus on how the probe is held in place. Loose probe is a common problem on other rifles like the FX impacts.

86DF593F-EE86-4F03-B7B3-5CD3EAB61CCD.1650152262.jpeg
708BDCB0-EBCA-414E-A002-1875ABB5595E.1650152298.jpeg
1217CF62-E358-40BA-A3A0-480891B1619E.1650152299.jpeg
Especially if you have a .22 cal raw with mag issues 

I would highly recommend www.aeswede.com for a high capacity mag.

I never had issues with my .25 cal mags. 
but my .22 raw mags just didn’t work. Pulled out pellets, clipped and damaged during loading. Srs accuracy issues.

the AEswede mags worked like a charm. With slugs and pellets. Added bonus they hold 20 pellets 

corny, thank you for the info on his magazines....very nice! I have an older HMx model with the smaller breech, I wonder if he could adjust and print smaller right load versions? I guess I'll contact him and see.....

no problem…glad to refer good products. These are not printed. They are fully cnc machined. Very much like the raw mags in build and feel.

some key design differences. U have to load one pallet reverse from the back. The locking mechanism works differently, u lift at the tab….lid flexes and pops/locks onto the machined pin. 
I’m not sure if he intends to offer right and left loading. But I have seen both in the prototype stages. :)

My guess is yes, he should be able to adjust for the thinner mag. 

I think it’s .072 thinner :) 

I actually glued some strips of plexi glass on a thin one to make it thick. 

corny, thank you for the info on his magazines....very nice! I have an older HMx model with the smaller breech, I wonder if he could adjust and print smaller right load versions? I guess I'll contact him and see.....

no problem…glad to refer good products. These are not printed. They are fully cnc machined. Very much like the raw mags in build and feel.

some key design differences. U have to load one pallet reverse from the back. The locking mechanism works differently, u lift at the tab….lid flexes and pops/locks onto the machined pin. 
I’m not sure if he intends to offer right and left loading. But I have seen both in the prototype stages. :)

My guess is yes, he should be able to adjust for the thinner mag. 

I think it’s .072 thinner :) 

I actually glued some strips of plexi glass on a thin one to make it thick. 

Cool! I do have 2 right hand load OEM mags that work flawless but...20 rounds would be better, especially when pesting!