• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Question on cleaning PCP barrel.

I was shooting lots of lead this weekend. While I was shooting at a can 125 yards away I was watching the pellet in its travels. Pretty cool until I started seeing the pellet swirling around down range. It was very pronounced. Then I realized the barrel was probably filthy after shooting the 49 grain hunters supply bullets. I pulled patches thru on a piece of weed wacker string and it never stopped being dirty. The gun shot better but is there a product to us to clean the barrel and not harm it?

You might try a little pellgun oil on a patch to help loosen everything up. Then, run patch after patch until clean and dry. 
Also, if you can tie the patch to a string you'll be able to run it forward and backwards which will help speed the process along and help loosen up and clean any stubborn areas. I found some cheap but strong string at Walmart and tied about 3-4 patches to it. 
Tom