• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Question for Ghost owners

Last Saturday I had spent some time setting up a tune for .22 JSB 15.89 (have a lot of them), set the reg at ~75-80 and was happy there with about 922fps. Worked up dope for the gun/scope and, in doing so, went through 3 tank refills (gotta tell you refilling using a hand pump sux). I closed out the day and left the rifle sitting just shy of 250BAR.

Since then, I've dispatched several pests and am now seeing the huma reg sitting at 95 (up from 75ish on Saturday)

Questions I have are:

Anyone seen the regulator pressure increase over time as noted above?

How long can I / should I leave the Ghost with close to full tank pressure. I'm still in the middle of pesting and want to ensure it's got enough air as opportunities arise.

Obligatory Ghost pic...
ghost_dope.jpeg

How many shot are you getting power a fill fit this 15.9g
I‘d have to guesstimate around 80 shots. I was more focused on determining decent pressure and rifle dope In the short window of time available. More detailed testing will need to wait until I get more time and an easier way to fill that tank ( the Atomic was a whole lot easier in that regard).

Last Saturday I had spent some time setting up a tune for .22 JSB 15.89 (have a lot of them), set the reg at ~75-80 and was happy there with about 922fps. Worked up dope for the gun/scope and, in doing so, went through 3 tank refills (gotta tell you refilling using a hand pump sux). I closed out the day and left the rifle sitting just shy of 250BAR.

Since then, I've dispatched several pests and am now seeing the huma reg sitting at 95 (up from 75ish on Saturday)

Questions I have are:

Anyone seen the regulator pressure increase over time as noted above?

How long can I / should I leave the Ghost with close to full tank pressure. I'm still in the middle of pesting and want to ensure it's got enough air as opportunities arise.

Obligatory Ghost pic...
View attachment 332084
Yes, my Ghost’s regulated air pressure will rise by 10-12 BAR (per the regulator gauge) if left sitting for a day. I’ve come to accept that regulators creeping to within 10-15 BAR is typical and within the acceptable, if not normal, service parameters regardless of brand.

To offset the effect of creep on velocity, the hammer spring should be set to a tension rate that when the plenum pressure increases the pellet velocity deviation would be no more than +/- 10 to 15 FPS (or whatever range you prefer) until the pressure returns to original.

Last edited:
Reactions: Erdb
Read this this morning before getting ready for work and decided to make a quick video on my way out the door....

gauge.jpg

The summary of the above is that the needle on the reg gauge for the one I've been playing with reads consistently between 136-140 (needle more than halfway between 130 and 140 and never past 140). And that's no matter how long it has sat. I call it a reg setting of 140. I've documented a couple examples of cold shots over the chrono when it has sat for 1week + and first shot fps has been where I expect it to be. https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/brk-ghost-review.1274213/post-1416024 (and also post #323 a couple above that one).

When it was set up as a sub 20fpe .177 the reg setting was 105-110 and was also consistent.

I can only speak for the one I've been playing with for 4+ months, but the specimen I've been working with seems to not have much creep.

Now, the common denominator for the creep mentioned here in Ghosts owned by @Erdb and @spinj is a reg setting much lower than anything I've tried to work with for the reg in the review Ghost. The reg on the review gun will go down to 60 bar, I just haven't left it there for more than a few minutes so can't give any first-hand experience on whether or not it's consistent when left that low.

Brand new gun. Reg probably settling in. Nothing I would worry about. Either keep as is, and reap the higher power and velocity, or tune back down again. You might need to monitor it for a few 100 rounds before it starts to settle.
I also agree that some of @Erdbs creep could be simple a new reg,

Reactions: Erdb and Centercut
In my experience, reg creep minimizes as the plenum pressure gets closer to the unregulated air pressure as its almost in equalization to it, and so the opposing forces approach near-neutrality.
I didn't think to take a look at the other side to see where the bottle pressure is.

OP touched on what pressure to leave a PCP at....I tend to leave them at whatever pressure they happen to be when I'm done shooting (ie, I don't refill them prior to putting them away).

Read this this morning before getting ready for work and decided to make a quick video on my way out the door....

View attachment 332241
The summary of the above is that the needle on the reg gauge for the one I've been playing with reads consistently between 136-140 (needle more than halfway between 130 and 140 and never past 140). And that's no matter how long it has sat. I call it a reg setting of 140. I've documented a couple examples of cold shots over the chrono when it has sat for 1week + and first shot fps has been where I expect it to be. https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/brk-ghost-review.1274213/post-1416024 (and also post #323 a couple above that one).

When it was set up as a sub 20fpe .177 the reg setting was 105-110 and was also consistent.

I can only speak for the one I've been playing with for 4+ months, but the specimen I've been working with seems to not have much creep.

Now, the common denominator for the creep mentioned here in Ghosts owned by @Erdb and @spinj is a reg setting much lower than anything I've tried to work with for the reg in the review Ghost. The reg on the review gun will go down to 60 bar, I just haven't left it there for more than a few minutes so can't give any first-hand experience on whether or not it's consistent when left that low.

I also agree that some of @Erdbs creep could be simple a new reg,
@Franklink thank you for taking the time to pour up that video. I noted my reg pressure nudged up to 100 this morning so I will just wait to see if it levels out or continues to rise.

Dry fire a few shots and see if the pressure returns to its original setting. I did that with mine and it hasn't moved since (3 wks).
It seems to hover at 95 after a shot or two. I’ll pull the tank and try resetting to 80 and see if it creeps up again. I am no longer concerned after seeing other comments and the fact it holds around 95.

Thanks to all for your input.

Reactions: Oregun