• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Question about smaller 4500psi bottle

I have a cpl 90ci 4500psi air venturi carbon fiber tanks most everyone knows what they are like, so here’s the question - I would like something that hold roughly the same but is smaller in diameter taller would be fine, the diameter is the issue. I need one that will fit into the side compartment on a small daypack If any of this made any sense please point me in a direction, or I would also trade one of these air venturi tanks for one they are new 2017 so still in date. As long as what I end up with is in very good shape the date doesn’t matter much as I have my own compressor. Thanks 

Mod Edit: Moved to Air Tanks, Pumps, Compressors and Filters forum

My 90ci 4500PSI Ninja tank fits in the 1 quart water container pocket on the side of my Allen Tactical Bag...

1567382358_7903552545d6c5b56114796.81406378_IMG_1155.JPG

Same bottle and mine is still in the neoprene cover...

If you have a molle type backpack get a quart size water container holder, that should fit your bottle, I believe I seen even larger separate MOLLE type water container pockets too on amazon etc, mine is built into the bag...

just my .02

Ken

90 cu in is approx 1500cc (1.5L)

Most foreign (read Chinese bottles) range from .35/.37L, .48/.5L and then jump to , 2.7/3.0L, 6.8 and 9L. All the bigger volume bottles are 'too fat' to excite you.

The US rated bottles (are Air Ventura bottles really legal to DOT or are they just CE rated?) are 68 cu in, 88 and/or 90 ( note that just including measuring the valve neck thread volume from one mfg and not by another company can cause such small difference in otherwise identical bottles), 100 and up. Most bottles are engineered to fit a ratio of so much diameter to so much length, too. It takes a LOT of expensive machinery to make CF bottles so there's not a lot of variation like steel and aluminum bottles which have three times the numbers if sizes. Fatter is more volumetrically efficient (why 'small' sphere holds more volume than a 'larger' cylinder and why eggs are round(ish) [they are pointed on one end so they don't roll away too, they roll in a circle in the nest]

Want to see what's really available? Go to eBay and search "carbon fiber compressed air bottle"

Another thing that I had bite me when first getting started was having bottles with two threads, the M18x1.5 and the 5/8-18... REAL pain when the new bottle arrives and the valve you were going to put in it is a different size 😬