• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Quakenbush .308 Long Rang (Video)

hunterone

May 11, 2015
CA
Hello All,
I was finally able to get my new Quackenbush .308 that was sent to me by a good friend, Extreme .457 out for some long range target shooting. This beast is throwing 150gr HP cast slugs down range at 940 FPS, tethered to my scba bottle and external regulator. Fill pressure is 3750 psi. Click the video link below to view.

Wow, you never hear about DAQ’s anymore, so this is great. Ironically, I just threw out all of my DAQ .308 set up notes from about 14 years ago! Fill pressures, hammer spring settings, various bullet tests, chrony data.. 

Yours isn’t serial # 336 by chance(?).. I still have a box of 120gn .308 bullets from National Bullet Company. They shot really well, and came in boxes of 500 rds. Mine shot “Pellet Man” 120gn round nose the best, but they were only a tad better than the NBC for 4x the price. Slayed many a deer with that rifle and kinda miss it! 

Thanks for sharing this.

Brian

"Brian.in.MI"Wow, you never hear about DAQ’s anymore, so this is great. Ironically, I just threw out all of my DAQ .308 set up notes from about 14 years ago! Fill pressures, hammer spring settings, various bullet tests, chrony data.. 

Yours isn’t serial # 336 by chance(?).. I still have a box of 120gn .308 bullets from National Bullet Company. They shot really well, and came in boxes of 500 rds. Mine shot “Pellet Man” 120gn round nose the best, but they were only a tad better than the NBC for 4x the price. Slayed many a deer with that rifle and kinda miss it! 

Thanks for sharing this.

Brian
Actually it’s #337 my friend. Great rifles. Looking to get rid of those 120gr slugs?