• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

QB Chief II 1335 synthetic stock 3k PSI - anyone own one?

I don't think I can say the other big airgun forum as I don't want to get kicked off of this one ;- )

I don't think lots and lots of folks don't know about this gun yet ---- also Pyramid Air does not say it is a Plus in their advertising and this gun is $20.00 cheaper than the Chief II that only goes up to 2000 PSI

The gun has lots of adjustment, the hole in the back for adjustment is bigger I think than the Chief II. here is a pic as she sits next to a telephone pole:

Chief%20II%20and%20sm.png
[/url][/IMG]

I have more Seneca 16.1gr Domes coming today that I size to 4.53mm just to load them a bit easier. They are accurate as heck and really smack very hard. Man alive i love this gun !

wll

I ain’t afraid...LOL. It was GTA. He has a lot of good info on that gun over there too. Hopefully there have been internal upgrades on this model as I have read bad things about the poppets on the older one. I still really like mine but my gamo urban came today and it honestly is worth 2X the chief and was only 120 more. I utterly love that gun. This pcp thing might get dangerous as I am really seeing where extra money spent goes with these guns. 

I don't think I can say the other big airgun forum as I don't want to get kicked off of this one ;- )

I don't think lots and lots of folks don't know about this gun yet ---- also Pyramid Air does not say it is a Plus in their advertising and this gun is $20.00 cheaper than the Chief II that only goes up to 2000 PSI

The gun has lots of adjustment, the hole in the back for adjustment is bigger I think than the Chief II. here is a pic as she sits next to a telephone pole:

I have more Seneca 16.1gr Domes coming today that I size to 4.53mm just to load them a bit easier. They are accurate as heck and really smack very hard. Man alive i love this gun !

wll

I ain’t afraid...LOL. It was GTA. He has a lot of good info on that gun over there too. Hopefully there have been internal upgrades on this model as I have read bad things about the poppets on the older one. I still really like mine but my gamo urban came today and it honestly is worth 2X the chief and was only 120 more. I utterly love that gun. This pcp thing might get dangerous as I am really seeing where extra money spent goes with these guns. 

I understand the Poppet thing as I just got some replacement poppets from DUY for my Nova Liberty, I have hear very good reports about the Urban as it is a good upgrade to the Chief and the Liberty I have heard.

Keep us posted on how it shoots.

wll

After 500 break-in shots, I decreased the hammer adjuster 1 turn (CCW) and ran a string through my Caldwell Precision Chrony. I started the fill at 2600 psi and ran it down to 1000 psi shooting .177 JSB Diablo Exact 8.44 gr pellets. Average pressure drop per shot was 28.6 psi. With this hammer adjuster setting starting at 2600 psi, I did not see a muzzle speed plateau. The muzzle speed dropped almost monotonically from 973 to 765 fps with a few blips across the 56 count shot string.

QB Chief II Plus speed curve.1620753150.jpg

At least with mine 2600 starting is way too low. You are at the very bottom of the sweet spot and probably why you saw a steady decrease. I haven’t followed it as close as you but mine at a 3k fill will have a 15-20 FPS low plateau for 4-5 shots then a nice string of consistency (about 10 FPS variation) down to a bit above 2000 then a steady decline. 

I improved the cocking effort by adding a TAC Vector silicone bolt knob from Amazon;

https://www.amazon.com/TAC-Vector-Optics-Silicon-Shooting/dp/B00NJJQFM6/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=rubber+gun+bolt+knob&qid=1621868688&sr=8-3

The Beeman bolt handle is too small to fit snugly on the silicone ball, so I used black Sugru to fill the ball cavity, then jammed it on the bolt handle. I cleaned up excess Sugru that oozed out and let it set for two days. The Sugru sets up firm like the material used in the knob and it clings tightly to the metal bolt handle. Now, the force used to cock the bolt doesn't wear out my fingers since I grip the larger rubber knob.