• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Pyramyd Air Slow Shipping

Ordered six seals for my AV air compressor on the morning of the 19th. In stock item and four days later only in Tennessee. Not to mention these six seal's total weight was probably an ounce but the shipping was about $9.00. Could have gone in a padded envelope and a maybe three stamps. In comparison I ordered 6 bushings from McMaster Carr for my Shoe Box F10 in NJ on the 21st and received them today. Shipping was $10 and could have been placed in a padded envelope as well. At least the shipping time made it less painful. Rant over...

I feel your pain. Shipping costs are one of my pet peeves. But I’m going to have to defend them. Unfortunately they have to pay the person packing, plus the materials used for shipping, plus the clerks time to do the required paperwor, logging into FedEx, UPS, etc.
I remember the old days when some companies charged by the weight of the package but that complicates things especially when multiple items are purchased. Nowadays with online purchasing they need to give a total and get your credit card number.
I try to get free shipping whenever offered if I’m able to meet their minimum.
Fortunately many companies have accounts with the different carriers and their shipping costs are much lower. Case in point, I bought a PCP from US and the ship label said $26. A year later I sold the rifle and for a private person to ship about the same distance was a little over $120.
I dread ever having to ship a rifle to someone for service and have to pay shipping both ways.

Reactions: Erebos
As with most online retailers, I try... yes, I said try to wait before I place an order until I can meet their mandatory minimum for free shipping. Of course, there are times when you simply need something ASAP, but don't want to pay the extra for overnight shipping.

In any case, if you have been following what is happening with the current regime in the USA and the world for that matter, you should know that ALL shipping companies are scaling back and charging more.

So, the fact that you did get your shipment in less than one week is stellar performance. Be happy! (smile) It could have and will be MUCH worse soon...

I have
So, the fact that you did get your shipment in less than one week is stellar performance. Be happy! (smile) It could have and will be MUCH worse soon...
I have to disagree, PA is choosing to use the slowest and worst choice for shipping with FedEx smart post. There is nothing smart about it, one can same the same for UPS smart post. The service uses either FedEx or UPS to move the package the slowest way possible across the country and then transfers the package to the post office for the final delay and delivery. If they had just shipped it USPS to begin with, it would arrive in half the time. I had forgotten about their poor shipping choices when I odered this and have a package that weighs only .4 lbs, that started it journey on 9/19, was supposed to be delivered in SO Cal by Friday the 23rd but was only in MO. as of today with no idea when it will arrive. I ordered a part from the UK , it shipped on the 21st and is arriving to day and the shipping cost was only $2.00 more. I had forgotten why I do not like buying from PA.

Reactions: pdxFrank
I haven't purchased anything from PA for several years for this very reason. I watched my package via tracking make a circle in Ohio within 60 miles of PA for over a week. Finally headed west after a tour of mid Ohio, taking well over 2 weeks to travel about 1000 miles. I've found in the past 2 years there is nothing at PA that I can't buy cheaper elsewhere and don't have to deal with this sort of incompetence/indifference.

Reactions: douger
I have

I have to disagree, PA is choosing to use the slowest and worst choice for shipping with FedEx smart post. There is nothing smart about it, one can same the same for UPS smart post. The service uses either FedEx or UPS to move the package the slowest way possible across the country and then transfers the package to the post office for the final delay and delivery. If they had just shipped it USPS to begin with, it would arrive in half the time. I had forgotten about their poor shipping choices when I odered this and have a package that weighs only .4 lbs, that started it journey on 9/19, was supposed to be delivered in SO Cal by Friday the 23rd but was only in MO. as of today with no idea when it will arrive. I ordered a part from the UK , it shipped on the 21st and is arriving to day and the shipping cost was only $2.00 more. I had forgotten why I do not like buying from PA.
i sure choose my own shipping when i order ill pay the extra to get my poop

Reactions: GeronimoKY
Not trying to be snarky, but if you pay for the cheapest shipping what did you expect? Pony up the bucks if you want it faster.
understood, but they are one of the few using this useless service, for the item bought it could have been put in an envelope for the same cost, Fedex smart min is $8.95 the same as USPS would have been with much faster shipping. When it shipped it's arrival date was yesterday but what always happens with Fedex smart post is delay after delay. There is now no estimated arrival date.

I hate all the so called saver services that combine two shippers. Usually for $1 more you receive your order 3 times faster.

The fastest shipping available is worthless when the seller sits on your order for days before handing it to the shipper.
I have never seen that. $1 more than free for 3 times as fast? (chuckle)

In any case, I try to order things before I run out or am in desperate need of them, so I am willing to wait a little longer to save some bucks as I don't have many. Bucks that is... (smile)

However, I do not like the "smart-post" shipping mainly because once it is handed over to the USPS, there is no further tracking. Luckily, my postman (actually a woman) Jennifer, tries very hard to take care of the folks on her route. It is just when she is off duty for any reason that things seem to go awry... usually. (smile)

Last edited:
Neither do I, but where do you find 3x faster shipping for just $1 more? Seriously. (wink)

Do you mean $1 more than say $28 dollars or what?

Please explain? (smile)
I'm saying the seller will have a shipping price like $6 but that's for the economy shipping where fedex delivers to the post office. Many times regular shipping with a single carrier will be about a dollar more in their options. I used to see this a lot on ebay but the super slow service pisses so many customers off I guess sellers are moving away from it.

Reactions: BackStop
I'm saying the seller will have a shipping price like $6 but that's for the economy shipping where fedex delivers to the post office. Many times regular shipping with a single carrier will be about a dollar more in their options. I used to see this a lot on ebay but the super slow service pisses so many customers off I guess sellers are moving away from it.
Well, I don't have a lot of money, so I always make sure I can get the free shipping. If it was something time critical I might pay up, but so far the free shipping works fine.

...Well, except for the 2 times FedEx delivered packages to my street number, but one street over! Thankfully the guy who lives there is a good, honest and decent fellow and brought the packages to me both times. (y)

Oh and the time FedEx delivered a 9mm pistol (had to have a firing pin replaced (under warranty) and S&W would not send me the part) to the wrong address, even though my phone number AND correct address was clearly written on the package. Again, a good (different) neighbor brought the package to me.

Needless to say, I don't like FedEx. I've actually had good luck with USPS and UPS for the most part, other than delays mostly.

Last edited: