• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Pyramyd/Air Arms disaster

I'm an avid airgun collector & fanatic & I've wanted to get into HFT for many years but couldn't due to career pressure. This year I decided to take the plunge & I started researching guns. I’ve owned many Air Arms guns over the years, both pcp & springers (still have a TX200) so I naturally leaned that way. The HFT XTi50 looked good so I reached out to Pyramyd to see whether they would get them in but they just kept saying they didn’t know, eventually they recommended that I get a S510 XS Ultimate Sporter with a single shot tray from Rowan. Ordered the gun (settled on a 'refurbished' one, which they assured me was new except for maybe a blemish on the stock), ordered the tray (great product & service from Rowan), ordered a scope, ordered ammo. The gun came in & was broken: it shot a foot low at 20 yds, turret all the way up (tried two scopes). Contacted Pyramyd & got no reply for 5 days, eventually emailed AA in the UK & was immediately told that the breech was bad. They contacted Pyramyd on my behalf, long story short Pyramyd sent me what they termed a ‘new’ gun. That eventually came in after about 3 weeks with the to & from shipping, meaning I missed out on my first shoot down in Ashland Oregon. New gun wouldn’t hold air for longer than a day. Again contacted Pyramyd, who again said they’d swap it for a new one. Again sent the gun back, didn’t hear anything for a week after they received it, reached out & was told that the guns are all of a sudden out of stock & hopefully they’d have one in over a month from now. I saw that there's another shoot coming up in Ashland in Oregon at the end of September & if I could get a gun in time I could get ready so I begged & pleaded Pyramyd & asked for a different gun of lower value: zero help, they said I need to wait until the end of September for the new gun to come in. I eventually asked them if they could fix the gun that I had sent back & they agreed. That gun eventually came in yesterday, just took it out of the box now & the bolt is seized in the breech block, almost impossible to cock the gun. Furthermore the magazine, which was laying loose in the box, won't go into the gun.
A side note is that while all of this was going on I placed an order for ANOTHER Air Arms gun from Pyramyd (also at the beginning of July) which was on backorder & showed an arrival date of 25 July. That date came & went, no gun... when I checked the site again the expected arrival date had jumped to the end of September. What really annoyed me about that is that a Pyramyd associate urged me at the beginning of July to place the order & pay the money because the guns would go quick once they came in at the end of July.
I am an industrialist & have been in business for 30 years. In my experience events such as these point to either a manufacturer who has recently lost key employees, meaning that their manufacturing expertise or quality control is in jeopardy, or that they are growing too fast. Based on the fact that most of the Air Arms guns are out of stock & expected delivery dates get pushed back repeatedly, along with the large amounts of "refurbished" guns that are sold by Pyramid, I believe it's the former, Air Arms has a problem in their manufacturing process. No other reason for product taking forever to show up, when it does it's flawed, needs to go back to the retailer for repairs, then gets sold as "refurbished".
As mentioned above, I have a demanding job, airguns are a passion & a hobby & help relieve stress so it's hard to put in words how disappointed I am right now with this sequence of events which has been dragging on for a few months. Instead of spending my much anticipated long weekend practicing for my first HFT shoot I'm sitting here looking at a pile of equipment that cost me close to $5k & it's useless.

Update: I successfully sued Pyramyd in Bedford, Ohio small claims court & was awarded damages. LO & BEHOLD, instead of having yet another opportunity to make this right, Pyramyd is appealing the court's decision! I know that Pyramyd is a sponsor of this website & I fully anticipate this post being pulled down but I feel that it's fair that folk should know to what extent this company would go to to make sure that their profits are maximized, even if the consumer loses out. They talk the corporate talk: "we will do whatever it takes to make this right", yet when it comes down to it they'll use their corporate might to make it as hard as possible for the small guy to get the deal that he paid for. This is just a crying shame, nothing else to it.

Last edited: