• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Put my Taipan on a diet!

Really good looking pup Dairyboy .. I love the stock the satin finish + the texture on the grip..
1f44d.svg
1f44d.svg

Thanks! I do as well. Just gives it a better look IMO. 

Well no idea exactly when my Helos BTR 2-12 is coming in and wanting to shoot the gun, I stole my Midas Tac 4-16 off my Tikka T1X .22lr since I won't be shooting it much anytime soon. Fits really nice on it! Who knows if the Helos will end up on it after all. Well once it was on was loading up my pellets and wanted to top off the air. Turns out no fill probe is in my box. Have everything else but it. Will need to contact Utah Airguns about that. Put only 6 shots through it at roughly 40yds to conserve the air. Shooting the 16gr AA at around 910fps. Top right was first shot and was my aim point. Then next 5 in that nice little cluster all touching. From standing position on my tripod. Yeah I'm happy!! This gun also balances extremely well on the tripod.

IMG_20210703_205430944.1625372344.jpg
IMG_20210703_205319308.1625372345.jpg
IMG_20210703_205305857.1625372345.jpg

Dairy boy,

ive had my .22 shorty for 3 squirrel seasons now, this year will be the 4th. Never had an issue with it sighted in and adjusted the HST to my liking 4 years ago. JSB 18.1 at 820 FPS. Haven’t touched it since…an awesome gun for sure.

775D9D7E-7C78-44CD-80A3-4BF71497FC7C.1625412501.jpeg
AF556918-54DF-40AA-8B6D-07C2D975C333.1625412503.jpeg

Looks great Beach-gunner! They are great guns! I was gonna adjust to 880fps with the 16gr but not sure now as it is a laser at this setting. Call me crazy butt it looks like your butt pad is missing?

We need a review on that scope ASAP please.

Oh you bet! I'm really expecting quite a bit out of it. Really has basically all I wanted out of a compact scope minus alittle extra weight but not sure how heavy exactly. Athlon shows 25.4oz but Cameraland shows like 22.5oz. either way I shaved about 2oz since they don't have a sunshade like I usually always add to my scopes, and lightweight rings will shave about 2.5-3oz more so shouldn't be too bad.

Well it's all together now! As shown we're at 8lbs 6oz with ARCA rail, scope and rings. Only 9oz heavier than my Veteran Standard was with no scope or rings. I'll take that. 

IMG_20210716_070449633_HDR.1626446306.jpg

Scope itself is awesome! Nice and compact scope, turrets are really nice, track as they should and after having locking windage turret on my Ares ETR UHD I knew I wanted locking turrets. Side focus works nicely and is pretty accurate as far as I've been seeing. The illumination is nice but not sure how bright it is in the light. The reticle now....I was very hesitant originally about the reticle beforehand and after getting behind it I love it! Not so much a target reticle but for pesting one of the best I've used. What I really like is the ability to use it on all magnifications and still easily see it. Your usually FFP reticles aren't as easy to do that. For me the sweet spot is 6-8x. Can easily see the reticle and a great FOV. Have had no issues shooting sparrows and starlings out to 75yds on that setting so far today.

Congrats on the shorty, I have one from the Ukraine, I really like the blueing on the older ones, but that’s just my opinion. 

I use a Leupold 3x9 EFR during hunting season. I sight it in at 40 and most shots require no holdover so the crosshair reticule isn’t a problem. Great little light weight scope that’s perfect for a shorty.

Those Leupold sure do seem nice but I just can't go back to a normal duplex anymore. But they sure are a nice fit for a Shorty no doubt.

I'd say 2x is where it's hard to see and would use the "circle of death" to aim. At 4x the center dot can be seen pretty easily. 6-8x is my real sweet spot where the 12x is maybe a hair on the thick side for my liking. But to be usable on low magnification that's what you give up. 

Also highest power on illumination I can see in daylight though pointing directly at the clear sky it's hard to see. But easily seen against darker colors like leaves on a tree or even lighter pieces of wood. 

Chris, this gun isn't going anywhere. Sold everything else just to only have one and this is the one. Have zero interest in anything else. I agree Athlon Taipan combos are awesome! The ARCA rail is the KRG ARCA rail short.

Thanks Randall! Definitely a nice handy little gun!

Jacob, yeah I think you'd like it. Like said wasn't sure on the reticle at first until getting behind it and now I'm absolutely sold on it. Works so well for my needs. Shot many starlings from 20-85yds this afternoon all on 8x and holdovers in a little wind. It just works.

Bryan, yeah bullpups arent for everyone but if you could ever get the opportunity to try one out, you might be surprised! Love your WARP BTW.